Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

FUSION OR MAX files - anybody able to share some with me to try out?

As subject would anybody be kind enough to share some fusion or max files for me to have a play with and see what they are like to edit and also how my laptop copes with editing them (its a decent spec laptop). 

Currently looking into which one to buy, i know people will say "buy the max" but ultimately its twice the price of the fusion so something to think about. 

My googledrive username is.. s1d3w1nd3r@protonmail.com if you would like to share the files with me on there. 

Thanks in advance. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: FUSION OR MAX files - anybody able to share some with me to try out?

Just to offer some help in understanding the huge difference between the Fusion and the Max is stitching. I own a Fusion and the frustration begins with the handling of the actual files. The Fusion takes 2 sdcards and "REQUIRES" you to join them together in post before they are usable in your editor of choice. You can search in this forum for the issues just involved in getting those files from your camera to a mobile device but when using a computer you will have a separate set of problems to overcome. The latest discovery for me has been stitching on a machine with intregrated video. My laptop does not have a separate video chip so it will not do anything with those files. The laptop will edit and deal with 5.6K files after stitching has been done on another machine with little to no problem. There are several loop holes in the GoPro eco-system that does not allow for a suitable workflow in my opinion.

James

Highlighted
Hiker

@sunnygorge21451 

Surely the MAX is better than the Fusion, for the problems they have already written to you. But I would like to warn you that if you use a PC with windows you will not have GoPro software for windows that allows you to cut, change the frame (reframing), merge and do the final assembly. For windows there is only (for now) a software that allows you to transform the ".360" file (owner of GoPro) into an MP4 or MOV file which must then be processed with third-party software. So you have to convert ALL your movie, you can't choose to convert just a piece. Be careful.

Highlighted
Nomad

unfortenly a fact.

For windows u need a bunch of external tools.

a video and photo editor

hugin ,for straiten horizon ,photo's that is.

eventualy a exiffixer ,if u do photo merge, or like me fake HDR photo's

the windows gpro vr player (it only views photo and video, nothing more)

and a big load of free discspace. !

Highlighted
Hiker

@pixelnator360 wrote:

unfortenly a fact.

For windows u need a bunch of external tools.

a video and photo editor

hugin ,for straiten horizon ,photo's that is.

eventualy a exiffixer ,if u do photo merge, or like me fake HDR photo's

the windows gpro vr player (it only views photo and video, nothing more)

and a big load of free discspace. !

Yes, you're right, I still hadn't thought about HDR photos. In fact, with Insta360 OneR it is possible to merge HDR photos (from 3 to 9 shots) directly into its APP on a smartphone or on the software for Windows or Apple. I thought that all this could be done on GoPro MAX, isn't it so?

Highlighted
Nomad

Dunno.

i set exposure by hand (tripod recomended !!!)

program i forgot. ,insta360 studio ,thats the magic for reframe.

As for default, max does not do HDR.

As for topic starter ,i use the MAX, i can make some archives with some photo's to toy with.

hmm,, actualy, i have most of them on my google photo stuff, i think i upload it there, it has the option for download if correct.