Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: FB Live signal health plummets.

[ New ]

So we have success now, sort of.  I maked the reflash/reset post as a solution becasue after doing that the signal health was back up to 100%.  It usually stays there with only minor flucuations.  

I say sorta becasue The signal still crashed when trying to live stream the Mass at church.  But I have a theory that there is some sort of radio/frquency/wifi interference that is effecting the signal between the GoPro and the iPad.  Both times when the signal crashed it was after the GoPro was moved to be in front of the ambo for the readings.  I tested it Sunday (as a secondary feed not primary, didn't want to take the chance) and kept the GoPro in one place away from the ambo.  The signal health stayed at 100% the whole Mass.  So I am thinking some kind of interfernce is coming from the micophone or wireless sound system in that area is casuing the issue.  

But again the reflash/reset did get my signal back up to full strength after that first crash.  

Hiker

[ New ]

Well my final thoughs is using a GoPro for livestreaming is hit or miss.  Sometimes it is good all the way through and at other times it crashes.  I've kept it stationary and in differnt locations in the church.  No real perdictable pattern as to when it may crash or stay strong.  We are moving to other options to insure a dedicaed feed for the livestream.  

I really wanted this to work.  When it was streaming good we got a lot of comments on the quality of our feed in audio and picture quality.  itwas chrisp in clear in image and picture. That was just direct from the GoPro HERO8 Black.  We did not have the sound going through a mixer or video enhancments.  But just cannot take a chance of the feed crashing out.  For a few times we ran a duel feed system.  GoPro as primary and an iPhone as secondary incase the GoPro feed dropped.  Only one time did we not need to rely on the iPhone to pick up where the GoPro dropped out. 

Though in thinking of it I am sure when the system was being enginered they were not thinking people would be using these to livestream 45 minutes to an hour events.  

Still open to any sugestions in imporivng the reliability of the GoPro's livestream feed. 

JT

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the information.

We'll have this shared with the team.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm struggling with these same issues. I've seen the solution here. How do I reflash. I followed the link but it's as if I have the latest update and it takes me nowhere. We have a very important reopen this Sunday. Any help to get our 5 day old GoPro Hero 8 to stream live on FaceBook would be great. The audio keeps surging and the strength plummets after thirty seconds. I've restored the camera to factory settings. I've tried five different networks in different locations. I'm starting to feel like I've wasted our Church money. But I also know the qualit6 of video I've seen from the GoPro line. Please help. 

Tourist

[ New ]

GoPro, we need your help. How do we get past these issues? 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @hoppinhydro

Please follow the manual update steps on https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero8-black

Also, please make sure that you are on app version 6.14.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Ej,

I have followed the steps for the update. But I cannot find a wAy to reflash the camera. Really in need of answers at this point that steer the direction other than reboxing and returning. This is a very important part of reach but the reach is gone. Any ideas other than seek the manual out there would help.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @hoppinhydro. Reflashing the camera firmware is the same as performing the manual update. After the update, do a factory reset. If you continue to observe the issue after going through the recommended steps, let our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . They will help you with the next steps.