Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

External microphone support for Hero 8

Hello guys,

Does anyone knows if it is possible to connect the Hero 8 with an external microphone via Bluetooth? I assume that the Media Mod is not waterproof based on the fact that there are 3 ports on the back of the Media Mod.

Riding a motorcycle so therefore the question.

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: External microphone support for Hero 8

There was no mention of Bluetooth microphone support. You can use the Pro mic adapter, but I'm unsure about any other ways to connect a mic (other than the Media Mod of course)
Highlighted
Adventurer

Media Mod will be released on Dc 2019.  the Frame will be needed per photo on the page at gopro. you  may buy an aftermarket cage By Ul***** and use their products to attach if allowed the  interchangable promic adapter. remember  the camera is now open for water and dust, and the loss of the card and battery.  you will need to protect your investment 

Highlighted
Tourist

@danielr15 wrote:
There was no mention of Bluetooth microphone support. 

I never said that either I was just asking if the Hero 8 has that functionality.

Thanks for replying anyway

Highlighted
Nomad

Yes you did ask and @danielr15 simply replied that there was no mention of bluetooth capability, either for the GoPro Hero 8 or the media mod.

Since the mod hasn't been released yet there's really not much information availalbe except for what's on the GoPro product page, so people will just have to wait and see what the features are.

The GoPro Hero 8 does have bluetooth functionality for the smart remote and wake up commands from the App, however this has never been extended to the use of an external bluetooth microphone.  However I do believe that GoPro did upgrade the bluetooth protocals for the Hero 8, so fingers crossed that it may be something they support down the line.

Highlighted
Adventurer

I use a rode wireless go wit hthe promic and as wel lteh future of the Media Mod.