- HERO5 Black
- HERO5 Session
- HERO6 Black
What is the reserved power bias for external mics?
The reserved power bias for external mics on the HERO5 Black is 2.5V.
What's the impedance of the external mic?
- GoPro mic input impedance is 2.2 kOhms in the STANDARD MIC and STANDARD MIC+ settings.
- GoPro mic input impedance is 47kOhms in the POWERED MIC and POWERED MIC+ settings.
- GoPro LINE IN input impedance is 8kOhms.
Unbalanced (3.5mm stereo)
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT QUICK CAPTURE and HERO6 Black/ HERO5 Black/ HERO5 Session when using a Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor:
Non-Powered Microphones will not work when starting a video using Quick Capture (with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor). There are two workarounds:
1. Use a powered microphone if the customer needs to use Quick Capture.
2. If the customer is unable to use a powered microphone, simply power the camera on first and then start a recording.