Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

External mic adapter

Like a few others on here, I have a external 3.5mm mic adapter bought direct from GoPro about the middle of last year. As yet I have failed to get any audio from.it. I thought perhaps it was a saramonic mic problem, so decided to buy a Rode video mic. Neither of these work so I think the problem is with the adapter. The audio of my Hero 7 black (a Christmas present 2018 from my family) is also poor, but thought an adapter and external mic would be the solution. I was wrong. Quick capture is off and other settings are correct.

Where can I go from here, can I trade this adapter in for a replacement in the hope this will solve my dilemma. I am a pensioner so just can't throw good money after bad. 

David Williams

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: External mic adapter

Please take a photo when the promic isplugged in and the Prefrence is chosen to audio input. and We'llget back to the issue at hand.    very easy I bet.

Highlighted
Hiker

When audio adapter is used, quick capture is off as apparently with the hero 7 black  audio will not work if this is on. My mic input is set to standard mic. Initially, audio was very faint but now non existent. I'm now beginning to wonder if it may be the camera is the problem, as the audio has always been so quiet, it's almost inaudible.

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Gopro hero 5 Quickcapture rephrain from using, no audio

GoPro hero 6 Quickcapture, rephrain from usung. no audio.  

GoPro Hero7 FW 1.80 and under Rephrain from using QuickCapture Firmware 1.80 and FW 1.90 fixed the Audio issue and QuickCapture now can be used.  Even on the Hero 8 Black.  I still rephrain from using quickCapture  and audio will come 100% on all video.

As this is an ongoing issue, from GoPro .

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you fishycomics. As a novice, how do I remove quickcapture firmware 180 and 190 to get audio. I really am a novice.

Regards David.

Highlighted
Adventurer

gopro said they fixed the quickcapture issue.  with the latest firmware?   they did not resolve the issue we all hve. so the best solution is to continue to use Mode On and shutter, not quickcapture  only. it can be left on just do not use it with the mic  

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you. I am still persevering with this problem and now find when I plug in the adapter and go to preferences, It does not show standard mic, just not available.

Does this show the problem is with the adapter, I do now have audio with the camera although very quiet.

I'm totally at a loss.and very frustrated.

David.