Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: External Mic Not Recording Audio with HERO5 Black when using Quick Capture

[ Edited ]

So there was a FW update for the HEro 5 black  see nothing. a few days ago App fw update not camera fw update 

Sightseer

I have a hero 6 black
Hiker

I'm having this same issue as well but on the Hero 5 Session. Yes, I'm one of the people that bought one. I use it on my motorbike and have a mic inside the helmet. The recording works on the first clip but every clip after that it doesn't work.

Unfortunately, the workaround for a Session is that it doesn't have an option to turn it on separately! You can power it on by hitting the rear button but you then need to be quick enough to hit record before it powers back off and when it's mounted in the helmet, that's not an option.

The Black you can just power on and off but with the session, I haven't yet worked out how to cycle it since it powers on and off with the quick record.

GoPro

Hello @nmd351

Which type of external microphone do you use with your HERO5 Session camera? One way to be able to use the QuikCapture button (shutter button) when using the Pro Mic Adapter is to use a powered microphone. For more information on this, you can check this link: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/HERO5-Black-External-Microphone-Information

We also have a list of recommended external microphones here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/External-Microphone-Recommendations

Hope this helps. 

Cheers, 
Marius

Hiker

This is false. I've used powered mics and nothing works. The latest one I tried was a Rode Video Mic Pro.

Adventurer

Lets see  I will demoo this again  so you tell me if this is good or bad

Adventurer

Sorry guys i forgot to  switch to the Audio imput   pwer mic Lol.  Next time