Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: External Mic Not Recording Audio with HERO5 Black when using Quick Capture

GoPro actually said your RMA unit was fully tested and fully working? Did they even TEST an external microphone? I would wager no. What a complete set of fools.

I just had a friend lose out on recording his ENGAGEMENT because his GoPro FAILED. Absolutely unreliable product, and garbage support to boot. I'll never buy another GoPro. They might have had a chance if their support would even acknowledge the problem, but their radio silence has me swearing them off. Everyone who will listen to me is getting told the same thing: never again, GoPro. 

Adventurer

I have yet to take them up on hte offer as I  want to have confirmation itis  working, while  we all know hte isuse is out there as well on tha fabolous Heor 6 never been hte Hero 5  black ever been resolved , so lying to  one is not right

Tourist

How do I downgrade? I was told to do so,and my rode micromic doesn't produce audio. Thank you.
Adventurer

the same way you manually updated but with the older firmware

Sightseer

Same here with the GoPro hero 5. Whole road trip video wasted because of no audio. Audio recorded for the first time, when recorded throuch QC. Stopped from the 2nd time. Reading throught the thread, it seems like, GoPro is too keen to launch new models (Hero6), rather than addressing older issues first. I wonder, GoPro 6 also has the same issue !! 

Adventurer

their correction was to disable.  the newer models as a fix

Tourist

Can you point me in teh direction of firmware ver 01.50?

Tourist

I've just spent an hour on a call with GoPro (Rafael) who advised me that The GoPro Hero 5 Black does not work on quickcapture when using a non-powered mic.

This is very disappointing, especially as there is no hint of this on their web page.  So as well as having to shell out for a mic adaptor and an external mic, and a waterprof housing, that i had to cut apart so I could still mount the mic adaptor and a silicon seal, to keep it dry, all so i could use the mic here in Scotland where it freaking rains...it doesnt work!  And tehy dont accept responsibility for it and I have to go and buy  another mic!

That's the last straw with these guys, It's back to teh drawing board and back to looking at action cams again.  This time I'll focus on teh Drift.

PS - Ive a Hero 5 Black, mic adpator, mic, origianl case all up for sale if anyone is interested!