Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: External Mic Not Recording Audio with HERO5 Black when using Quick Capture

I just my GO PRO audio adapter yesterday. I lost a day of footage because of this issue.

I can’t believe that the Go Pro HERO 5 Black has been out this long and the problem still exists. Particularly when it is clearly a firmware issue. 

Adventurer

@redsand80440 wrote:

I just my GO PRO audio adapter yesterday. I lost a day of footage because of this issue.

I can’t believe that the Go Pro HERO 5 Black has been out this long and the problem still exists. Particularly when it is clearly a firmware issue. 

gopro is aware, and a future firmware wil be out no date. that means they  have still no clue how to fix it?  

rephraine from using quikcapture, you must turn on the camera first then hut shutter if not  NO SOUND,   they say to buy a POWERED mic that is their answer.

Also to top things off the sound is too loud for certain mic

Tourist

I just tried to record my son's piano recital and hit this issue. It's the worst feeling when you play back a video and...nothing. What a waste. Out-of-town relatives who couldn't ​make the show won't be happy. I spent a lot on the camera, then adapter and mic. I really hope this is resolved soon.
Adventurer

you did not use a powered mic, or rephrained from the  QC   sorry to hear.

Adventurer

Re: External Mic Not Recording Audio with HERO5 Black when using Quick Cap

you did not use a powered mic, or rephrained from the  QC   sorry to hear.

Tourist

I tried to get help from GoPro support but they just told me to reinstall the latest firmware. It's clearly a software fault hopefully they patch it soon.
Hiker

A powered mic is NOT the solution. I have run multiple powered mics and have the same issue.

Hiker

Re: External Mic Not Recording Audio with HERO5 Black when using Quick Cap

This is not accurate. Powered mics have the same issue. You may hear the faintest volume with a powered mic but definitely still messed up. I've run several powered mics.