Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: External Mic Not Recording Audio with HERO5 Black when using Quick Capture

6/6/17: Just received my new GoPro Hero5 Black and the audio issue using an external mic with quick capture is still an issue. ..running v2.0. I struggled with this for a day and then decided to do a Google search...what do you know, found this thread second from the top. I have an EVO GP PRO gimbal and the mount is such that the mode/power button is up against one of the servo motors so I can't access it when mounted. I suppose this is also a poor bracket design by EVO, but super frustrating either way as I can't use it with the new gimbal....complete waste at this time. I'll try the downgrade in firmware mentioned .
Adventurer

gopro admitted not to use  a  feature made for this Hero 5 black  it is flawed.

Tourist

Incredible - not that I'm surprised. That's exactly why I didn't send mine back; I knew they would just send it back without it being fixed. It's clearly a firmware problem with v2.0 (Even v1.5 takes 4-5 seconds to start recording audio so be careful if you choose to roll back). I'm going to call back in later today and immediately escalate to a manager. This is unacceptable for a $400 product. I'll report back based on what kind of support I receive during escalation.

Hiker

You won't get a manager. You won't get anyone in the US. I've tried to escalate  and wasted hours and hours waiting on the phone. They won't respond and I've even taken to Twitter to try to get some upper level support. NADA.

Hiker

When did they "admit" this? I'never seen anything or heads from anyone at GoPro that says this is a legit flaw.

Hiker

@jefft are you going to weigh in here? I need to speak to someone higher than your standard cusotomer support. I'm trying to HELP YOU but you guys have shunned everyone left and right. I feel bad for everyone who spend their time and money on a day recording video and realized their audio didn't record. 

Tourist

Agreed - @jefft this is where a community liason such as yourself can make a difference and keep customers. 

Adventurer

Love to hear what they willsay. as I await further  info from teh  team.