Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: External Mic Not Recording Audio with HERO5 Black when using Quick Capture

I just talked to GoPro over a chat.

This is what they said:

"sorry to hear about that! I'll do my best to help you! We know by experience that external mics are not compatible with QuikCapture mode...you do need to power camera ON first, before start recording"

"Our development team is aware of this behavior and hopefully it'll be fixed on the next firmware version. I can guarantee that we'll work hard on getting a resolution on this!"

Highlighted
Hiker

Complete BS. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I just updated my firmware and the same thing is happening to me. The first QuickCapture with an external mic works fine. The second one does not record audio... well it does but it's at like 2% volume.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have just moaned on another thread about this.  All the bs about recording with the camera on and not using quick start.  What about when the audio cuts out half way through the recording as mine does?

This is my 1st gopro and took the camera out using credit.

I can honestly say I have never been so disappointed with a product in my life

£450 plus 3 mics, plus pots of grinding work on the cases to stop them blocking holes.

Is anything being addressed with these issues?

Highlighted
Tourist

how do you downgrade?

@bluesand3384 wrote:

I have tested a Rode VideoMicro and multiple other mics and have the same issue. I have the GoPro audio adapter attached, and it records audio fine with any mic when turning the camera on and pressing record, however, audio WILL NOT record when using Quick Capture.  So when I press the record button, it will record video but not audio. I have a Hero 5 with v2.0 firmware.

Highlighted
Adventurer

I was promised a Working Audio tested new camera with my RMA return,   I  do not like to be B.S.d nad that is exactly what is happeningwith the gopr  here passed along to the the Hero 6 Black people who  do not care about the  quikcapture and audio wit hteh external will simply tel lyou  in tehir words its the best camera  in the world?

Wekk we  the select few know its total B.S. and want this resolved. Looking at hte New Hero 8 that will be when.  good luck in getting what has been simple left as a Flaw,  will never get resolved

Highlighted
Tourist

Could you please be more clear?
Highlighted
Adventurer

Gopro said :  audio tested camera fully working.

I say  to you all.   too good to be true.