Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Extended Battery Life

What are the options to extend the battery of a Hero 5 ?  I run triathlons and my Gopro never makes it till the end.  Also, i'm assuming that Gopro is NOT supporting the aftermarket battery extenders ??  Thanks.  

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Extended Battery Life

Hello @bravebeach25374

The camera will continue to work (record or capture photos) while being connected to an external power source. We recommend using the Portable Power Pack, but you can use any other external source as long as it outputs 5V 2A. Caution must be taken though as charging the camera while being used exposes it to water and dirt that may possibly cause damage. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Extended Battery Life

Hello @bravebeach25374

The camera will continue to work (record or capture photos) while being connected to an external power source. We recommend using the Portable Power Pack, but you can use any other external source as long as it outputs 5V 2A. Caution must be taken though as charging the camera while being used exposes it to water and dirt that may possibly cause damage. 

Thanks, 
Marius