Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Exporting Fusion 360VR footage in Premiere

[ New ]

Hi, hopefully someone can help me cure an annoying problem. When exporting 360VR footage in Premiere, my final video has a blurry spot in the middle of the footage, around where the camera is. I would assume this was normal if it weren't for the fact that the footage viewed on the VR Player Plugin window before export is perfect. No blurry spot at all. What do I need to change in my Export settings so that my final video looks like the footage viewed in the VR Player??? I hope that all makes sense.

Backpacker

Re: Exporting Fusion 360VR footage in Premiere

[ New ]

Can you please provide a link to the footage with the issue or a screen shot of the issue so we can see what the problem is?  Also if you can post a screen shot of the VR Player with the same footage that would really help.

Also provide details of what the current export settings your'e using in Premier Pro.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi, thanks for the response and sorry for delay in replying, been away for a few days. Attached is a pic. In the top you can see a screen grab of the VR Player which is perfect. Below is a screen grab of teh exported video and you can see the "whirlpool effect" on my right shoulder. This distortion remains throughout the exported video and falls roughly in line with where the camera would be. If the VR player can eliminate it why does it manifest in the exported content? Re export settings, there are obviously a lot, do you need specific settings or everything??? Im using H.264 Codec, High Bitrate. Re the VR VIDEO Section I have the "Video is VR" box checked, Frame Layout is Monoscopic with Horizontal FOV 360 and Vertical FOV 180. Hope that all makes sense?FusionProblem.jpg

Backpacker

[ New ]

That certainly helps.  I will try to replicate the issue based on the settings you provided.  It looks like an issue with Premier Pro at the moment though.  If the VR player is playing the file just fine, then premier pro should be playing it the same way, instead it's adding a distortion for some reason.  

Does this appear in Premier Pro when you're working on the file (editing), or does it only happen when you export the file as a finished product?

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi, no only on export. Obviously the file looks weird on the timeline view anyway because its a 360 video. The VR plugin is effectively my only real view of what's happening on the timeline and it looks just fine.