Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Export 360video on ipad to a video editor to edit color etc before uploading to youtube and facebook

Hi, 

I am trying to find a workflow for ipad or iphone to allow me to export the fusion 360 video to another app (Adobe rush cc or iMovie) to edit basic stuff like color and brightness etc. nothing too sophisticated. and then upload the video from the phone.

when you tube had their own editing capabilities it was helpful to edit that stuff after uploading, but they have shut this feature down...

now the only workflow I know of is to download the video to the PC, use fusion studio to export it then edit it in Adobe Premiere... I would like to know if anyone has a workflow that can be performed on the ipad instead...

WOuld be awesome if the gopro ipad app ends up incorporating the basic color/light editing capabilities too for both videos and photos! anyone from GoPro here to take notes??!:)

thanks.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Export 360video on ipad to a video editor to edit color etc before uploading to youtube and f...

Hi @toughcreek27878,

You can utilize the GoPro App to stitch and offload your Fusion contents into your mobile device, then you can use a separate application (compatible to 360 photos and videos) if you want to make some color / light adjustments.

With breath-taking 5.2K/30 and 3K/60 spherical video resolutions, I think the first step in this workflow is to ensure that your mobile device is compatible with handling the Fusion files. You can check this link for the list of supported devices for Fusion: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-supported-devices

In addition, stitching the Fusion contents through GoPro App is kind of unlikely similar to Fusion Studio. You will be using the OverCapture to adjust your 360 photos and videos through the app. Follow this link to get further details about this feature: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/gopro-app-overcapture

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Export 360video on ipad to a video editor to edit color etc before uploading to youtube and f...

Hi Anna, 

thanks for the reply, unfortunately it doesnt solve my issue, perhaps I didnt make it clear enough, Ill try again here.

I have an iPhoneX and ipad pro, both compatible with fusion, but I cannot export 360 videos to the camera roll. If you know of a way to do so please let me know.

I can save the 360 videos to dropbox or other cloud storage app (exported as a flat mp4) where I can edit the video on any iOS video editing app I prefer, but it loses the metadata so whenever I post the edited video to facebook or youtube it is not recognized as 360 and ends up becoming a flat video.  and I do not know of any fix for the metadata issue on the iphone (I know how to fix it on a PC or a mac but this is my question: how to edit 360 videos FULLY on a mobile device and NOT lose the metadata)

same issue with 360 photos, I can export them from gopro app to lightroom cc for iphone, edit them but then posting them to facebook they are not recognized as 360.

thanks for bringing up the overcapture function, I am aware of it, I love it, I use it to capture flat videos and photos from the gopro app, but that is not what I am asking about here, I am asking about the 360 videos and photos loss of metadata when exported out of gopro app.

again, it would be really helpful if gopro app would have simple editing capabilities for 360 videos and photos (light and color etc)

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for the update, @toughcreek27878

Neither iOS nor Android media gallery applications (iOS Photos, Camera Roll, etc) natively support the 360 media created by Fusion. Therefore, we cannot save content directly to the those applications. Content will be saved in the Local Media section of your GoPro App. From there, you will be able to directly share your 360 media files to the social media and these files will be recognized by the platform as 360 videos/photos.

In addition to this, as far as I know editing your 360 media files using OverCapture in the GoPro App will eventually export the videos/photos into traditional, non-spherical content.

Just for a clarification, how were you saving the 360 videos to Dropbox or other cloud storage app? Were you using the Fusion Studio on your computer to stitch and export the 360 videos, then manually saved them to the cloud storage app? 

With the 360 photos that you exported to Lightroom CC Mobile, did you use OverCapture to export the them from the GoPro App?

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi 

thanks for the follow up, please note that I am not asking about overcapture as I am only focused in this post on exporting FULL SPHERICAL 360 videos and photos. I am aware of overcapture and use it all the time without problems to export flats, this is NOT my point or issue here.

Again my issue is exporting 360 full spherical videos or photos to other apps (or saving the video/photo file in dropbox etc..).

I do that from within the gopro app using the share button, I can export 360 photos directly to LR mobile or save 360 video in dropbox (completely bypassing the native ios photo app, (plz see the attached screenshot)

I believe the main issue is that the gopro app then exports those files to the final destination WITHOUT the EXIF data.. so after editing in any program, trying to post to FB or youtube the files are not recognized as 360.

leaving me with only one option to post 360 media from iphone or ipad which is directly from gopro app with no ability to enhance colors or do any basic edits.

I hope I made my question clear this time. thanks

image1.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for the clarification, @toughcreek27878. This is the Lightroom application's limitation -- 360 footage imported from the GoPro App to the 3rd party mobile editing application will somehow no longer be recognized as a 360 file when exported.

That being said, color/light adjustment on 360 files is currently not possible through the mobile applications. You will have to edit these footage through the desktop software on your computer.

I really appreciate all the inputs you've provide on this post. I'll pass all these information along to our team.

Highlighted
Hiker

thank you

I guess hte message to the team would be if they can make sure the EXIF data gets imported with the 360 file (photo or video) whenever it is exported or saved

Thanks again!