Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Exchange request for the newer version

Hi, I have bought GoPro Hero6 black in August 2018. I do not have information regarding the launching of the newer version sooner. Yesterday I came to know that Hero7 with an astounding feature is launched. I became really disappointed mostly because it is available for the same price as Hero6. I could have waited for a few months more.

In this context, I may only ask you to kindly inform me if there is any possible way to exchange my Hero6 black with Hero7 black?

Thanks

Mrinmoy Jana

Backpacker

Re: Exchange request for the newer version

they are doing a trade-in scheme for people in America, but the maximum price I believe is $100. You'll get more selling the Hero 6 privately then putting it towards the Hero 7

Adventurer

You may call Gopro @spiryvista65834  if your camera is from gopro's purchasing website only that has a 30-day return, ifnot like @duanem8 said you can sell off.

1  did you purchase at gopro.com?   have all your  documents. call 855-635-3578.  only a Moderator will chime in to tell you to  call or chat with gopro and if bought from here see what Options they got for you, other wise this is a forum nothing more (wink)  

Tourist

Same Question for me, I bought Karma Drone less than a month ago from BestBuy, thinking of getting hero 7. I need to know id there is any option for me?

Hiker

I bought a Hero 5 two weeks ago, but seeing the Hero 7 features I wanted to upgrade. If you’re within the 30 days GoPro will let you return it. I returned the Hero 5 and my Hero 3+ and got the Hero 7 for $299
Tourist

My case is different from yours:

1, I bought karma drone which came with hero 6 camera

2. I bought it from ebay not gopro website.

3. I don't want to return my drone, I wanna get an upgrade on my camera,

Highlighted
Hiker

If you didn’t buy from GoPro I think your only options are to buy a Hero 7 and sell your Hero 6 privately. Or trade in the 6 and get $100 off the 7, but you’ll get a better deal selling privately.