Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Every time I use my go pro it doesn t save says corupt file so annoying as never get the recording a

[ New ]

GoPro

Re: Every time I use my go pro it doesn t save says corupt file so annoying as never get the reco...

[ New ]

Hello @toughpeak37541. Is your camera updated to the latest firmware? If it is, this could be an issue with the SD card that you are using. Are you using a recommended card on this list? Hope to hear back from you. 

Adventurer

Re: Every time I use my go pro it doesn t save says corupt file so annoying as never get the reco...

[ New ]

sd card is your issue full format. but tell us the card yougot its a recommended one, right

Sightseer

Re: Every time I use my go pro it doesn t save says corupt file so annoying as never get the recordi

[ New ]
How do I update
Sightseer

Re: Every time I use my go pro it doesn t save says corupt file so annoying as never get the recordi

[ New ]
But it was working before with no issues can see it being that if worked before then just decided to stop working
GoPro

[ New ]

It would seem so, @toughpeak37541. Which SD card are you using? The information on its brand, type, and capacity will be helpful. 

Please see below for the manual update instructions:

1. Go to the HERO 2018 update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that the camera is fully charged prior to the update, and that the SD card is formatted. Let us know how it goes. 

Explorer

[ New ]
SanDisk Ultra? Specify what card (make/model/size) you are using. You need to use a card from the recommended list (even if it was working prior). SD cards also wear out and can sustain damage. If it was working, but is now not, try a different card.
Adventurer

[ New ]

how onw updates is following hte directions what was given:

still having issues updating?