Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Every 7 seconds of video playback....More

On all my videos every 7 seconds there is a light pop sound and the sound goes silent for ma flash of a second then comes back on. It does this is everyt video without fail. I am using Media Player on my Computer.

I have also had issues taking a GoPro video and using an external editor as the sound and picture stutter and are not in synch at all.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Every 7 seconds of video playback....More

I wanted to clse this out. It appears that Windows Media player is the issue. I tried it in a few Video Editors and no issues, I also played some back back in GoPro studio (which I do not use) and no issues as well. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @jp560

Is your camera manually updated to the latest firmware? Does it matter which resolution or frame rate is used? Is the video quality affected as well when you play back using Media player? How is the playback on the camera? If you can post a sample video that will be helpful. Hope to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 

Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello and Thanks for the response, Answering your questions;

Is your camera manually updated to the latest firmware?

Yes it is. 

Does it matter which resolution or frame rate is used?

No I have tried in 30 and 60

Is the video quality affected as well when you play back using Media player?

The video segment remains clean, its just a quick pop and quiet then back on. Its like the sound when you pull out a head phone jack on a stereo. Very very consistent. Every 7 seconds for the entire video no matter what length. Now in the grand scheme of things I suspect when I add music this is a moot point but when playing back the raw video the sound is very obvious.

How is the playback on the camera?

Playback in Camera is fine video wise but the sound is hard to determine on the GoPro even out of the case.

If you can post a sample video that will be helpful.

How can I post a vid clip, Chose the file and upload to the site?

Hope to hear back from you. 

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

Upload to YouTube and then post the video here. If you are using a computer, choose Reply (Not Quick Reply) and select the video icon on the subject menu bar. It will give you the option to paste the video link which will then be embedded into the message body.

If you are on a mobile device, first scroll to the bottom of the page and choose TYPE: Full (the other option is Mobile which you don't want). After changing the web page format, the instructions are the same as above.

Highlighted
Adventurer

one of your answers was out of the case meaning a dive suit or frameless case?

Highlighted
Hiker

Sorry for the delayed response, It was out of the factory case. I played back while sitting at the table

Highlighted
Hiker

After posting a few YouTube vids the sound issue is not present. Only in raw state on any computer. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I wanted to clse this out. It appears that Windows Media player is the issue. I tried it in a few Video Editors and no issues, I also played some back back in GoPro studio (which I do not use) and no issues as well.