Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Error Tarj SD GoPro Hero 5 Black

Hola

Mi camara arroja este mensaje de error "Error Tarj SD" en rojo sobre la pantalla principal y a pesar de haber:

-Formateado la SD con el computadro

-Formateado la SD con la GoPro

-Cambiado por varias otras SD (SI que funcionan en otra Action Cam)

-Reseteado la GoPro a Fabrica

Pero ninguno de los procesos ha dado resultado positivi.

Al encender la camara aparece a los pocos segundos este mesaje de error.

Por favor necesito ayuda para encontrar una solucion.

GRacias

Anibal

0034 693 73 76 73

Error gopro.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Error Tarj SD GoPro Hero 5 Black

Hello, @superpike34121. Which SD cards have you tried? The brand name, type, and capacity will be helpful information. Has your camera been getting this error since you got it? Is the camera updated to the latest firmware? 

Getting the error message show means that your camera can't properly communicate with the SD card. These tips will help resolve the issue.  

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi dear friend Mariustanya

Well

I ask in any on yours questions

___Which SD cards have you tried? The brand name, type, and capacity will be helpful information.

I attach 4 pictures with the SD cards Used.

___Has your camera been getting this error since you got it?

No, at the beginning it worked perfectly, even with some of these sd cards

___Is the camera updated to the latest firmware? 

And no, is not updated to the latest firmware, I don't know how to update the firmware

IMG_20200503_164550.jpg
Highlighted
Hiker

IMG_20200503_164605.jpg
Highlighted
Hiker

IMG_20200503_164620.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

I appreciate the quick response, @superpike34121. Thank you for attaching photos of the SD cards. We confirm that the SD cards you are using are not recommended for the HERO5 Black camera. 

We suggest using one of the cards on this list for the camera to continue working smoothly. These cards may have worked initially but because they are not compatible with the camera, they ended up not being recognized eventually. 

Once you have a recommended card, you can perform the firmware update following these steps

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello, thank you very much for your fast response.
I have already ordered a new Micro SD card according to your recommendations and while I wait for it to arrive in the mail I have tried to update the firmware through the GoPro Quick application, but despite having reset the camera to the factory settings, and to confirm who has recognized and confirmed that it is a Hero5 Black, no probable update appears for it.
What can happen ?

Thanks So Much

Error gopro quck.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

It could be that the camera is already on the latest firmware, @superpike34121. But even if this is the case, we still suggest a manual update (not update via Quik for desktop or GoPro App) as this will clear any possible error with the current installation.