Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Editing Issues

Hi,

I use my GoPro for my scuba diving trips. I typically only take videos when I see something interesting. Which means that I probably take about 20 videos ranging from 20 seconds to 3 minutes.

What I am looking to do is combine the video's into one file, then I am looking to "cut" or "split" the video and take out the boring sections to turn it into a 3 to 5 minute video to share with family and friends. I am not looking to add music or anything fancy, just want a video.

My problem is I cannot find a way to do this - without purchasing $100 dollar yearly software. Is there an app or something that I can use that will let me combine my 20 videos into one and then let me cut out the sections that I do not want?

This is what I am currently working with.

• GoPro Hero 8
  • Chromebook Computer (which limits the apps that work)
  • Hoping not to have to purchase anything since I'm not looking to really create anything fancy. Also, I am really against having a giant watermark on my video. I was able to get Wevideo to work, but without paying they put a watermark, which I feel really takes away from the footage.
  • I figured out that I can edit the video in Youtube Editor, and remove the sections that I do not want. However, I cannot combine all my footage. Is there something that will combine my footage? Then I should be able to put this in Youtube editor.
  • I do have access to a friends Windows computer and anothers Macbook. I would prefer not to have to use my friends stuff everytime I want to edit a video, but if it's something quick - I can.

Thanks for any help!

Sam

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Editing Issues

I don't know of any online editors, but a very good professional editor that you can download and use for free is DaVinci Resolve. You'll need to watch a few YouTube videos to learn how to use it, but once you do, it becomes very easy to use and you'll be able to get great results.
Highlighted
Adventurer

GoPro quick is a basic starters pkg.

Windows Winmoviemaker

Mac Imovie

Freeware resolve, filmora, 

If youtube is where you load, they even have a free editor there.

I personally use  Powerdirector to do things faster, and Magix 2020 premimium to get the best quality render  all comes with a small cost no annual fees, only if you want to purchase PD360.

We all have prefrences and   they are out there.

Highlighted
Tourist

Unfortunitly, I cannot get that to load with a chromebook.