Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Editing Fusion Footage without loosing GPS for Google StreetView

Hi

I need to do some editing on my Fusion video and export it afterwards with GPS data for upload to Google StreetView. I tried with Premiere but always loose the GPS. Any ideas? Any method or software being able to get an easy and reliable result?

My video is not the problem. When exporting it from Fusion Studio the data is there and the file is accepted for use on StreetView. After editing (logooverlay for nadir) the data is not there anymore.

Thanks for your input.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Editing Fusion Footage without loosing GPS for Google StreetView

If you're looking to upload your footage to Google Street View, look for a program called TrailBlazer by Panoskin

https://www.panoskin.com/trailblazer 

Highlighted
Tourist

thanks ... yes, that is what i am using for the upload. but before i need to edit the nadir by inserting a professional logo. i haven't been able by now to export the edited mov file with gps data inside.

Highlighted
Nomad

You would have to extract the gpmf track from the original mp4 file and attach it to the edited video. This would only work if the editing of the video does not involve any cuts but just superficial touches (like a logo, as you say). It can be done with ffmpeg. If there was demand for this I could spend some time building such a tool.