Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: EV comp not working - Session5- help please!

It's ok I don't mind name calling, but onto your problem. My session 5 is also on firmware 2 and iOS app all up to date. Why don't you try it with the sd card out, or factory reset the session?

Hiker

@epicallyepic thx for taking the effort and answering .. but that does confuse me now: your session5 is on 2.0 and app up to date...

GoPro Support told me that the newest app version, only offers these three positions for EV comp. ??? and I have tried everything: factory reset - firmware re-install .. used 4 different SD cards, Sony, Samsung, Lexar, Kingston ( top modells each brand - all fine for recording and everything)... anyway, I have returned the device and got my money back.

right now I am not sure whether I should try my luck again and buy it again..( because it does offer the best helmet mount )   and hoping for the best ... or switch to Sony... ( and by the way name calling was not appointed to you)

Adventurer

Now youbreturned and open for  options, before you buy a rucam3 i have the  sales rep try a new one out and problems solved

Adventurer

and thank you for joining a great community over by me

Highlighted
Hiker

here an update on the EV comp-not adjustable problem -  ( and you are going to like that one !!! )

- so I have returned one Session5 device - ordered a new one - tested: and again - I cannot adjust EV comp settings in 0,5 increments within the app ... just doesn´t do it..... but: people say it works; so I am getting very confused -

now: I am from Austria/ Vienna - German speaking of course..  so my iphone and everything else is set to german  (naturally).

I deleted the capture app - set my iphone to "English"  - did the same with the GP Session5 - downloaded app again, reinstalled firmware on the session5 set to english  ... and guess what:  ... Voila ... It works just fine !!!  I can set my EV comp the way I want... and all of sudden there is even shutter speed control available... surprise surprise ...

well, I am very pissed off  ... because the german version of the app is totally messed up and makes the camera unuseable it took me hours and hours of my life trying to solve this, spending time in forums, driving to a shop returning the device, ordering a new one, again testing .... and I even spoke to the support ( Germany) and they told me there is nothing one can do about this !   WTF -   I believe they know about this.. they must know about this !! they could just admit that the german app is not yet finished and tell me I should go with the english version... fine.... Although it is very weired to have my phone set to english just because of that.

are GoPro employees reading this forum? -  I bet they are... its a must for Marketeers ...   I would really like to forward that whole story to somebody responsible...  I will not be writing GoPro support Germany again, and then it all just disappears

anyway... I bought two Sony cams and they just work amazingly well.. so I will sleep over keeping the Session5 or not ..