Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

EV comp not working - Session5- help please!

Hi ... having serious issues with protune and the EV comp on the Session5.

changing EV comp within the App does not work for me: I can choose between -2 and +1 ... and thats it !!!  It drives me totally nuts .. -2 is too much for my needs and +1 is everything overexposed.....I usually shoot at -0,5 to -1 on a sunny day.... why can I not change 0,5 steps ????

I would even be happy with just setting it to 0 ... and I´ll take care in post prod.  But No... there is no zero ..  does anybody have the same issue? or are you able to set it right?

Changing has to be done within the App - I dont think there is any other way of changing EV on the session5. ( using an iphone6s if that makes a difference ??

It drives me nuts..... help is appreciated. ( and please don´t tell me to turn PT off) 

Nomad

Re: EV comp not working - Session5- help please!

[ Edited ]

Just you I am afraid, mine works as intended.

IMG_1017.PNG

This is was done on my iPad my iPhone 6s is the same.

Adventurer

Dum question:  are pressing where @epicallyepic shows the bar. or are you touching the very ends?

Nomad

I did notice before that as there are only 2- and 2+ settings you have to drag the slider to the middle to get the -5ev moving it a little achieves nothing.

You might be onto something where is is not dragging correctly on the small phone screen.

Adventurer

@epicallyepic I bet he is touching the    -2 thinking it will slide. pressure sensiteive screen  has about how many moves from the left to right?? Many  so yeah he needs to demonstrate live to us so I can say yeah he  got a problem 

Highlighted
Hiker

Ok, seems to work for you guys. Thx for answering ( apart from the usual smartasses you unfortunately find in forums)  ... Weired...  Just to confirm: I am talking about the session5 .. not the black, because it has worked fine on the hero5black for me!! No problem.. but on the session5 it just jumps around -2/+1/+2 ...whatever way I touch it or try to drag it . and I have tried on the iphone and the ipad.. I ll try reinstalling firmware and app .. lets see.

Adventurer

@christofc46424 wrote:

Ok, seems to work for you guys. Thx for answering ( apart from the usual smartasses you unfortunately find in forums)  ... Weired...  Just to confirm: I am talking about the session5 .. not the black, because it has worked fine on the hero5black for me!! No problem.. but on the session5 it just jumps around -2/+1/+2 ...whatever way I touch it or try to drag it . and I have tried on the iphone and the ipad.. I ll try reinstalling firmware and app .. lets see.

No one is a smartarse here,  I  can check this out with mine if you allow me to be reunited with my H5S.   So you can not slide or tap, and it Jumps then we suggest since some of of confirmed.     get with gopro  Each camera  has an issue, each one differs. some are good, some are bad.  try a manual update they claim it clears all issues when it only overwrites  the same   fw and resubmits it.  In order to re-write over write same firmware the actual number of FW 2.0 must be changed.  ofwhat I remember of other cams

keep us or some of  us posted

Hiker

I have just been in touch with GoPro Support: via chat and because that did not lead anywhere I finally called GoPro technical support:

Hero5 session, firmware v2.0,  with the latest capture app: that is the way it is: EV comp can be set to -2 /+1 and +2 .. 3 positions and that is it ( I am citing technical support here) and they apologize for any inconvinience this may cause. 

I have to admit, this does leave me speechless...and I believe anybody who knows a little about photography/ filming would shake their heads in disbelieve. 

So I guess for people where it still works, you are running on older app versions ( or firmware) ..  but that is just a guess.