Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Dual Battery Charger charging my GoPro 8 batteries extremely slow?

[ New ]

I have just bought a GoPro Hero 8 camera (brand new) and the Double Battery Charger.

I came home with around 20% percent charge on both batteries after my cycle ride. I plug them in both and after something like 3-4 hours of charging one battery is 75% and the other at 50%.

What's the deal?

I attach the photo of my Huawei charger which meets the 5V 2A requirements for Hero 8 batteries.

IMG_20201114_004359.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Dual Battery Charger charging my GoPro 8 batteries extremely slow?

[ New ]

So I figured out the problem. You actually have to use the double sided USB C type cable that comes with the supercharger, plug it into the double battery charger and then double batteries will charge fast and normal! In this way my batteries charged up in around 2h from 10% discharge using the supercharger + double battery charger + double sided USB C cable.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @ignass3

It should charge fine after a few cycles.

Do you observe the same when charging the battery on the camera?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

When I'm charging the battery through the camera itself it charges way faster, normal charging as it should be.

Only the Double Battery Charger is doing this..

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @ignass3

Can you please try charging one battery at a time?

How long does it take before it reaches 100%?

We'll have this shared with the team.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

So today I received the official GoPro supercharger.

I plug in my batteries. One was discharged to 30%, the other to 5%. After 1h of charging the 30% discharged battery is at 34%, while the 5% discharged battery is at 24%.

What is the deal?!

IMG_20201117_230810.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

So I figured out the problem. You actually have to use the double sided USB C type cable that comes with the supercharger, plug it into the double battery charger and then double batteries will charge fast and normal! In this way my batteries charged up in around 2h from 10% discharge using the supercharger + double battery charger + double sided USB C cable.