Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Drone for the GoPro Fusion

@nicedawn63442 I can see why you would think that would work but it wouldnt. First, a 360 camera has 2 lenses, its two cameras, at minimum, like the Fusion.

Also,

In order to do obstacle avoidance using optical sensors you have to be able to see depth, you cannot see depth with one camera, try catching a ball with one eye closed, it is difficult.

This is why the obstacle avoidance sensors on dji drones use 2 cameras for the each direction, to see depth, to judge distance to objects.

All in all, the cheap little sensors  make it function very well.

Anyhow, I think the Fusion will do great as a flyable 360 camera. It has the best quality to size/weight ratio available

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I guess something like Humaneyes Vuze or Insta360 Pro would be overkill on a drone, 360 cameras that are also 3D cameras. 3D only works well for objects say within 15 meters or so anyhow, so it wouldn't do much for a drone flying high in the sky.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey bro!!! I Wold like to see the result!!!
Share with us the photos and videos!!!!
I want to do the same

@duanem8 wrote:

i've put a GoPro mount on the bottom of my Phantom to use a Fusion with, just not had the weather to try it yet

Highlighted
Hiker

Here is the Fusion attached to the Inspire 2:
11111.JPG

2222222.JPG

I will share results on the GoPro Fusion 360 facebook page

Highlighted
Hiker

Here is a support for Gopro Fusion with a phantom 4 pro and Inspire 2

20180208_172553.jpg

20180208_173109.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

0d41a2c27b2bddb4450af9da08deba0f_preview_featured.jpg

00ca2b72b18078bfa0a22a8086f0ff72_preview_featured.jpg

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Helnet. Can you share the link to the file for 3D printer on GoPro Fusion mount for INSPIRE 2? Or where can I find it? Do you also have source files? Maybe I am interested into longer "tube" - to get the Fusion more down under INSPIRE2? thank you for your answer.
Highlighted
Hiker

@copterfilmwrote:
Hi Helnet. Can you share the link to the file for 3D printer on GoPro Fusion mount for INSPIRE 2? Or where can I find it? Do you also have source files? Maybe I am interested into longer "tube" - to get the Fusion more down under INSPIRE2? thank you for your answer.

we can make modifications according to your needs. Tell me your specifications, and I'll make a quote.

I sent you a pm

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Helnet.

Can you also share the link to the file for 3D printer on GoPro Fusion mount for INSPIRE 2