Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Driver for GoPro Hero5 Black

My GoPro5 has been working perfect for months. Now, today, I plug in the USB Cable and the computer dpoesn't recognize the device. I look under computer management and it says unkniown device now. It's always appeared as GoPro so I can access and move the files to m computer. I've updated all Windows software, removed the battery and micro card from the GoPro, waited a minute and placed back, I've rebooted the computer multiple times and still the GoPro is not recognized. I'm at a loss. Also, under computer management where it see the GoPro as an unknown device, I attempt to update the drive as it says it's not working and I receive the following message from Windows 10 ... please see attachment. Any help would be appreaciated as I love the GoPro and it is providing me amazing videos of Thailand, Bali, SE Asia and Borneo. Thx in advance.

Screenshot_1.png

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

All Replies
Explorer

Re: Driver for GoPro Hero5 Black

Tourist

Thank You for referring me to this! 

All my MTP USB Device driver errors are gone after following the instructions in the link.

My GoPro Hero5 Black can now sucessfully connect to my PC after deleting this bad driver:

Driver date and version :   02/22/2016 5.2.5326.4762  

Tourist

Thank you!