Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Download GoPro Player or GoPro Export NOT from an app store

[ New ]

Where can I download an installer for either of the desktop apps?  I do not app stores on my computers and I will not be installing an app store either.  Is there anywhere a simple direct link the installer is hosted?  Thanks

Nomad

Re: Download GoPro Player or GoPro Export NOT from an app store

[ New ]

Bottom of the page here:

https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/softwareandapp 

The only software that requires download from an App store is the Quik app for Android or IOS, App stores are built in by default on the relevant O/S, ergo, Apple has Apple App store, Android has Google Play Store and Windows 10 has Microsoft Store built in.  You don't download or install App stores.

Hiker

[ New ]

Those links require you to get the installers from either the windows or mac app store which have been permanently removed from my machines.  I'm hoping someone will host the installers for direct download.

Tourist

[ New ]

Me, to.  I don't like logging into the Microsoft store.  I always have problems and juat want the full program, not an app.  Why can't there be a program like the other desktop programs.  Only this one is the only one not haiving a regular installer.  I have used google play and apple app store, because they are nessary for the phone, but not nessary for the computer to function.  That is the only one I do not like to use.  I also made an account, and logged in, but it will not download or install for some reason and with out a proper installer, I have no idea, and now have to wait to deal with microsoft, and then possibably you back and forth not getting my expensive camera working for what I want to use it for.  Don't like using the phone app as the screen is to small to do all the things I want it to do. Please just provide this only one not there.

Nomad

[ New ]

The Link I supplied brings you to the page where you can directly download the installer for the programs, not some link to "store".  

Nomad

[ New ]

??

i got the exporter without ! login in to the store, heck, i didnt even set up my pc with a MS account

Yes, it told me to login with it, but ignored it.

Hiker

[ New ]

@pixelnator360 

REALLY ??? How did you do this ?

The link provided, points at the bottom to either the max-Player or the Exporter.

In both cases , the next click will bring everyone to the corresponding store of microsoft or apple.

In both cases you cannot download anything without proper login.... AND even if you do so , you will NOT get a proper download , you can store , and install anytime you want , because both stores will it install automatically do for you .

That prevents you to have an old version, which probably works better for us then a totally broken newer one, and reinstall that one in case....

that made our company set a clear decision not to buy anymore gopro products, because we cannot install the necessary software by our central software-deployment-system . That is common standard behaviour in ervery bigger company these days .... so ...gopro became incompatible with the pro-houses ....

... and we really asking why gopro is instisting on this ... what do they really have in mind ?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same issue here I cannot download the Gopro max exporter app from the MS site because of a strange error message and I would like to get a direct link instead can this be possible please ? or send me the app to my email address please : fifisave@free.fr

regards

P SAVE