Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Don’t have one Not buying one

[ New ]

Not until you start listening

output preview 4k60 HDMI

do in now!

let me know when your done

Dan

Adventurer

Re: Don’t have one Not buying one

[ New ]

Media mod would be needed at a additional cost, not the main purpose of the camera, but yes as a Portable device our Smartphones are way in advance and casting to devices would be where maybe Just maybe the Hero 9 will be headed.

Backpacker

[ New ]

considering you tagged the Hero 7 Black, shows your either a tight a**e who wants everything but doesn't want to pay for the higher model. Or you just know nothing about GoPro, either way I'm sure they won't miss you lol

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you. Duane.

I’m not neither. I’d be happy to purchase the upgraded model, but if you’re read about the hero eight it does not put out 4K 60 either.

Do your research and if you find out different then let me know. Because if I’m wrong I’ll gladly admit it but according to everything I see nothing In the goPro line puts out 4K 60 out of HDMI.
Tourist

[ New ]
I’m really not sure about android but as far as the iPhone you cant even put video out of the iPhone out a HDMI dongle, it doesn’t even reach 1080@30. The Phones record at 4K 60 but do not output. Surprise!
Nomad

[ New ]

With the media mod attached, the GoPro will playback and output recorded files at 4K.  

However a "live" feed from the GoPro, while recording at 4K, will only give an output of 1440p max.  

The GoPro was not designed to be a live broadcast camera or a 4K webcam.  If you need a live 4k signal, just buy a webcam or a broadcast camera.  If you need an "action" camera, buy a GoPro.

Tourist

[ New ]

Webcams are tinkertoys with low quality video and they only come with usb. I need HDMI 4k60. Not for live stream. You cannot currently live stream anywhere in the world 4k60. Not yet anyway, we can only dream, but China is way ahead of us (that's another post for another site) 

Broadcast cameras too, do not output 4k60 out HDMI. They only put out max 1080/60 out their HDMI output. The output 4k60 thru 12g-sdi. Then you need a $500 converter to convert the sdi to HDMI. I'm not cheap, but I don't have and endlesss supply or budget either.

i just see a sales explosion for the action camera company that has the forward thinking mind to

1) get rid of the fisheye

2) output the 4k60 thru HDMI 

For future livestream yes, to hook up live video to 4k60 tv and projectors and record the video to external recorders.

but I'm a mad scientist with visions of taking over the world..

bawawawawaa