Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Does using a mic with the external mic adapter impact power consumption on the Hero 7 Black?

[ New ]

I have read through a lot of help articles and cannot resolve my answer.  Here are the bullet points.

* Hero 7 black

* External mic adapter with lapel mic

* 1080p 60 video setting

* (2) External packs supplying 5v 2.1a and 5v 2.4a respectively

Problem:  Starting with a full battery, plugged into a fully charged power pack (Lithium) the battery meter on the device goes to 0 eventually.  Why would this be the case if GoPro states the needed rate is 5v 1a (Minimum) for the device? 

--- Does the GoPro use the internal battery to 0 then draw power across the battery from the external pack?

--- Does the GoPro + Mic adapter combo change the rate of power consumption significantly?  Thus changing the "Run on external power" condition?

My channel is an outdoor channel and unscripted.  I must keep the gopro On and recording to catch unscripted moments.  Being able to continuously power the device is a must.  

Nomad

Re: Does using a mic with the external mic adapter impact power consumption on the Hero 7 Black?

[ New ]

Does the GoPro use the internal battery to 0 then draw power across the battery from the external pack?

Yes, this is why if you're using external power and want the camera to operate without interruption you should remove the internal battery first.