Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Does the Hero 7 Black affect Garmin Edge Bike Computer Satellite Reception Like the DJI OSMO Action?

It was a difficult choice between the GoPro Hero 7 Black and the DJI Osmo Action Cam but I chose the DJI and am regretting it because it interferes with my Garmin Edge bike computers ability to get satellite reception.

Can someone please try putting a GoPro Hero 7 Black next to a Garmin Edge and see if it kills satellite reception?

Check this out for what's happening with the DJI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ7da9h0Xzw

Apparently this has been a problem with past GOPros: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhVTPGgzRqI

Is it still an issue with the GoPro Hero 7 Black?

Thanks!

Brad

This is a video showing how my GoPro Hero4 Silver interferes with the GPS signal on my Garmin Edge 500 when it's recording. I also show what I did to cut dow...
DJI OSMO ACTION CAMERA PROBLEM LOST SATELLITES WITH GARMIN EDGE BIKE COMPUTERS Although I LOVE the video quality of this camera, there is one big problem - w...
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Does the Hero 7 Black affect Garmin Edge Bike Computer Satellite Reception Like the DJI OSMO Act

Have you tried turning off your WiFi and Bluetooth on the camera?  This may stop the interference.  Otherwise the camera itself probably contains a lot of carbon which could be blocking the GPS signal to your garmin.  You should try mounting it elsewhere.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Does the Hero 7 Black affect Garmin Edge Bike Computer Satellite Reception Like the DJI OSMO Act

I don't think this camera has a way to turn off wifi and bluetooth.... but I have an email into their support line.

Yes, I know I can mount it elsewhere but that's not where I want to mount it.

In the meantime, I'm trying to decide if I should ditch this camera and get a GoPro Hero7 Black but need to find out if it interferes or not.

Thanks,

Brad

Highlighted
Explorer

It's is because of the WiFi/Bluetooth, you are able to turn these off on the GoPro pretty easy. Most stores have a return policy. It seems like you would only need one day to test. You might want to just get the HERO7 Black and if it doesn't work out, return it.
Highlighted
Explorer

Sorry, auto correct on my phone changed the first line from, "If it's" to "It's is". I have no idea what is causing the interference, so I don't want it misread.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the clarification.  I guess I could go to Walmart, buy one, try it in the parking lot and return it if no good.  Hoping someone will see this and try it on their camera though.  Thanks! Brad