Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Does the Hero 5 Sessions actually have HDMI output?

I know I'm a year late to this discussion, but it's just now becoming important to me.  

I am about to do an in-car film shoot with 4 GoPro Session 5s and it would be SO useful for me to plug them into a portable HDMI monitor to check framing, exposure, etc, rather than having to sync 4 cameras with my phone and screw around for ages switching between them, and then having to switch wifi off on them all to try and save battery life.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The HERO5 Session only has a USB-C port. It does not have an HDMI port.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Another victim right here Smiley Sad

I was also under the impression that the h5s supported hdmi out. I specifically bought it for that reason so that I could attach it the my drone. It is extremely frustrating to realize that I have made a huge mistake by buying the h5s. Whats more frustraing is that I have already bought all of the equipment to go with the gopro (gimbal, hdmi video transmitter) and has costed me over $2000!!!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am also a victim of this bull$#|£! 😡! I have a commercial drone w/ the DJI A3 pro flight controller capable of streaming video ... bought the Hero 5 Session + all the adaptaters to tie it in & have now found out through this conversation I have wasted all that $ on a useless paperweight! This would have been perfect if it operated as advertised 😡😡😡

I doubt I’ll be buying a GoPro brand again unless this is somehow rectified. Any suggestions on other brands / products from the people who understand how this application relates to our drones?
Highlighted
Tourist

As an alternative you could use the foxeer box 4K. It has a working HDMI out. I tested it and works as described. Flipping the image is however not possible (yet).
Highlighted
Tourist

You may be thinking of the non-Session cameras. They do have HDMI out. Here a link to their webpage for that cable.

https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/micro-hdmi-cable/AHDMC-301.html