Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Does the Hero 5 Sessions actually have HDMI output?

I can't get a definite answer on this. Does the Hero5 Sessions actually have HDMI output? I've read many reviews that say it does, but no cable seems to be available, that I can find.

If it does, where does one get a cable for  HDMI? It must use the USB-C since there is no other connector. 

What is the part  number and source.  I can't find anything.  Everytime I search for HDMI Sessions HDMI all I get are cables that have micro HDMI which is a different connector.

A link would be nice, for a cable, if HDMI is actually supported.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Does the Hero 5 Sessions actually have HDMI output?

The HERO5 Session only has a USB-C port. It does not have an HDMI port.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

I bought my hero 5 session and most my info comes from a manual and at gopro.com of it s features and functions, the only one I know of is hte Hero 5 black.  No  HDMI o nteh Session. why is it so  important to have HDMi so we all can understand what you want to use it for.

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Does it invalidate my question because someone questions the need of the function?

I'm asking for the following reasons:

1) Reviews say it's available, via the USB-C

2) If a feature is available, I'd like to use it

3) I've been searching for a cable. Why do that, if it's not available. It would save me some time

4) It's much easier to play videos on my TV, via an HDMI cable, than removing the MicroSD card, plugging it into a computer, and sending the video to my TV.

Here

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-5-HDMI-out/td-p/14227

is a post saying it's available.  Other reviews say same thing. So I wonder what the true story is.

Hence my question

Ok?

Highlighted
Adventurer

totally hear ya. as this is more o nteh go cam then the  Hero 5  the answer was No by a staff member but we al lwished it had it.     

Highlighted
Anonymous

I just returned from the NAB and the GoPro rep there showed us a Session that has BOTH  USB C and HDMI.  GoPro sells the HDMI cable as well.

Highlighted
Adventurer

PIcture and video wins me over. I do  believe you but right know  I do not see it  in gopro's  way not telling us it has it?

Highlighted
Anonymous

As I said, it was shown to me at NAB by a GoPro rep.  However, most stores I visited today say no.  Others say yes.  None were willing to take the unit out of the package so that I could  exmaine prior to purchase.  I'm frustrated as you are.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Okay, just got off the phone with Samy's Camera in Los Angeles.  They opened up a Session 5 for me and YES, it DOES have an HDMI mini on it.  I'm purchasing one now.