Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Does the GoPro app provide a Live Preview for the Hero6 set to record slo-mo 1080p 240fps?

I can not find anything in the manual or the support discussions about the ability to see a live preview of the Hero6 set to 1080p 240fps. I am considering a purchase but need to know which slo-mo modes are supported with live preview. Thanks.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Does the GoPro app provide a Live Preview for the Hero6 set to record slo-mo 1080p 240fps?

Hello @agilepeak68650

Did you mean live preview on the camera while recording at 1080p, 240 fps? It actually works on the camera itself. See if this link to the complete manual helps. Let us know how it works out for you. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Does the GoPro app provide a Live Preview for the Hero6 set to record slo-mo 1080p 240fps?

Thanks Marius. No, I mean the off-camera live preview on the GoPro app or some other method. Ideally, I would like to see a live preview on a tablet or monitor so the people in front of the camera can see how they look before I hit the record button. After recording, I can simply playback the clip. 

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello @agilepeak68650

Thank you for the prompt response. Having the camera set with a frame rate of 240 fps allows it to capture footage classified as HEVC. This being the case, even if your mobile device supports HEVC, you will not be able to preview your footage while recording in the GoPro app. You can preview the scene beforehand, but as soon as you start recording, the live view becomes unavailable. You can read more on this through the HEVC link provided. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

That's exactly what I need, a live preview beforehand. It's fine if the preview drops during recording. I just wanted to make sure the preview works before starting to record so people can see themselves in order to line up properly in the frame. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @agilepeak68650

Great! Yes, the app will allow a preview prior to recording. Once you press the record button, the camera will still provide a preview but the app will show you a black screen labeled "Preview Not Supported."

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

Excellent! Thanks so much for the information. I also bookmarked that HVEC page as that had all the information I needed as well. Thanks again.

Highlighted
GoPro

You are welcome, @agilepeak68650! Always happy to help. Stay stoked!

Cheers, 
Marius