Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

I have the same problem. According to the user's manual the camera should stop listening for voice commands 1 hour after it's turned off. It doesn't look like it is.

Tourist

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]
In so many ways this camera is NOT living up to the expectations . No accessories are available . It doesn’t work with a smart remote and you can’t access settings if and when you guys bring out a water housing into Australia . And by the time everything will be available you will have a new camera design with an all new shape to annoy us once again .
Hiker

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

Please conside add smart remote suppert in next firmware upate . PLEASE!

Nomad

[ New ]
Hey gopro, please make the smart remote compatible with hero 9. I have 3 of them. You say that we need to use our phone for remote control, but that is very difficult for watersports, I use it for kitesurfing. A new remote can be fine but please let the old remote still be compatible. Already have a remo remote that is even not compatible anymore with hero 8. Do not forget, a lot of people line me on tbis forum spend a lot of money on your stuff so pleawe a little bit of respect would be fine
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

A remote for the HERO9 Black is in development. There's more info on this and other elements we're working on here. Thanks.

Hiker

[ New ]
Appreciate the info, but is there any projections on when the remote available... Myself like others purchased the Hero 9 specifically because of the availability of the Smart remote, has I known there wouldn’t be one immediately available I would not have purchased until it was.. I’m a retired IT Manager and during my career I made a practice of never purchasing Vaporware (promised Technology)
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

No timeline is available for that item yet. Sorry.

Nomad

[ New ]

@jefft We do not need a new remote. I already have 3 of them and one remo remote! This last one does not work anymore with hero 8.

If you bringout  a new remote with more functionality that is great but man, keep the current remote compatible to.

And if you do not have a timeline for that, just add it the current remote now with a firmware update.

Most of us spend a lot of money on these cameras and sometimes it is nice to reuse older accessoires.

( bought the media mod for my 8, but not compatible with the 9, because other dimensions for example)

Just sold my hero 6 for the 9 and was planning to sell my 7 for a second 9, but will keep my 7 and skip a second 9.

For me the hero 9 is the most unusefull camera now for me because I need the remote for my watersports and a phone is not an option then.