Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

simple solution. Dont bring out a product thats not ready for market! I hate testing your equipment and paying for the privaglige SMH

Tourist

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

This is extremely dissapointing, first from GoPro saying that is not compatible when it clearly was before the update, then saying is solved by not solving it at all and third comminting fraud from advertising in the instructions that it should be used to avoid over heating!

Guys! Its my first GoPro and got it together with the remote because I need a remote for my especific recording.

I'll give it a few days to come up with an update or I'll return both. 

This is very bad reputation, come on GoPro!

Hiker

[ New ]

crap only sold my 8 yesterday to buy a 9. if i knew my remote won't work that would have changed my purchase decision. hope they add it in soon to sync multiple cameras - 

Hiker

[ New ]
gopro needs to reacquaint the left hand to the right hand. whoever is developing new products forgets about the years of heritage and products before their time that people have accumilated only to upgrade. doing this S&#t and starting again makes me want to switch to another brand. Buying a hero 9 is no different to waiting for a OSMO v2 as both need new gear bar the mounts
Tourist

[ New ]

Totally agree. Very little concideration for loyal customers these days unfortunately.

Tourist

[ New ]

Send your camera back.  That's what I did.

bruce

Hiker

[ New ]
I have also been dealing with another issue, Battery Drain ..if I left the camera off the charger for 10-12 hrs it would be dead.. I solved that by shutting off voice control.
I can now leave the camera off the charger for at least 24 hours without loosing much charge (just a few percent) before this it would completely drain in 10-12 hrs of non use.. .. I did not turn off GPS or WiFi ... that does leave me with the problem that I was going to try to use Voice control as Remote control since we have no support fir the Smart remote at this time..
Tourist

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

It would not be fair not to support the remote with the GoPro 9. If you had been more specific about it I wouldn't have bought the 9 :(