Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

I can't believe this was not mentioned anywhere by GoPro AND not mentioned either in any review from the dozens of people who got their review units weeks ago...

Sightseer

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

I would not have bought the the go pro 9 if i knew the remote would not connect to it 

Hiker

[ New ]

It seems like the reviewers were not allowed to mention the remote issue, probably part of early access agreement.

I am of the same opinion, I use my remote all the time.  I would not have bought a new smart remote a couple months ago, nor the Hero9 until they had a remote.   I hope they resolve this quickly, or they may be getting a return. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Personally I dont think it is so hard to make H9 compatible wtih the old smart remote.  I think most of the H9 buyers will be satisfied if they can have free redemption on the new remote or at least have certain discount rate for the old smart remote user to get the newly launched remote.

Tourist

[ New ]

Espero lo arreglen con una actualizacion ,por que de habelo sabido que no funciona con la hero 9 ,no la hubiese comprado.

Me parece un error ENORME ,no haber hecho de primera hora ,que la hero 9 sea compatible ,ya que ,aparte del dineral que cuesta ,el remoto es una de las cosas que mas uso ,ya que los sitios donde coloco la cam en la bike (en el eje pasante de la rueda delantera ,con un adaptador ) ,es imposible usar los comandos de voz.

En fin ,esperaremos a que actualizen y lo arreglen

Sightseer

[ New ]

One of the reasons I upgraded to GoPRO9 is because I thought it is compatible with the smart remote and the shop keeper told me that it is compatible. I also see the option to connect to the smart remote but I just connect to GOPRO app first and the APP triggers a firmware upgrade to my GOPro9. The option is gone forever. I reset everything trying to connect to the remote but all in vain. Wasting a whole day and can only find it here that it is not going to work with the smart remote. This is really not good. Hope the future firmware update will fix this. 

Nomad

[ New ]

Yep.... super disappointing to discover that the smart remote is not compatible with hero 9. I use it 100% of the time since I record with 3 hero 9 cameras on a kayak. Two of the cameras are very hard to reach. C'mon GoPro. You're killing me.... get the new remote released already. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Tourist

[ New ]

Seriously GOPRO! What are you guys doing over there and please dont blame this on covid... 

I also just tried connecting my Hero 9 with the remote that has worked on all my previously purchased models. Im starting to think this upgrade was a bad idea. The Hero 8 wasnt great with its non replacable lens but you fixed that issue only to find youve dropped the ball once again. Not a happy customer. 

While im having a rant, please change the picture on your dual battery charger that doesnt come with two batteries as pictured. Cheers, rant over for now...