Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

We have a remote in the works. We do not have an ETA on when it will be available.

No previous remotes work with the HERO9 Black.

You may pair the camera with the GoPro App to control the camera remotely

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks, but how about putting that information on your website (tech specs) or in the manual? Why do you write in the manual, that it will work with smart remote?

can you clarify if it will be days, months or even years until ETA of new remote?

For my intended use, this cam is useless without a remote! So if a remote won't be available within next few weeks, I will return my camera...

Tourist

[ New ]
Then I hope you will offer me and all the loyal gopro fans a value check on the upgrade after sheeting us in the first instance. That could compensate some of the frustration right now.
Tourist

[ New ]

Nobody said ill have to throw accessories buying Hero9. Media mod - new version, mic adapter - doesnt work, Smart Remot - doesnt work. You should change the camera line name to diffrent to let people know this product isnt compatible with the hereo line.

What is the technical problem adding very good remote? 

Guess thats only a strategy to make people buy new smart remote - I think this wont be good for GoPro.

Tourist

[ New ]
Then I hope you will offer me and all the loyal gopro fans a value check on the upgrade after sheeting us in the first instance. That could compensate some of the frustration right now.
Tourist

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

Crap. I am soo disappointed right now. I bought this camera because I expected all of this stuff to work together. It's worthless to me without being used with the remote. 

I will have to return it now unless you are planning to add this feature and soon. Please tell me you are doing that.

Tourist

[ New ]

Why are you forcing us to buy a new remote when it worked with the old firmware?

Hiker

[ New ]

Oh come on You know that running the camera from the App on a Phone or tablet is no where near the same as running it fron a a small remote on Your wrist or handlebars...   I thought You guys were the leaders in this field..