Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]
Wann kommt ein neuer Remote heraus? Bzw. ab wann kann man den aktuellen Remote für die Gopro Hero 9 verwenden?
Tourist

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

If manual states that Smart Remote connects to H9 than how is it possible that its now incompatible?

Tourist

Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

That is ... more than disappointing, that is almost fraudulent!

I now have 3 Remotes (two Remotes and 1 Smarte Remote). The old Remotes wont work anymore with my older GoPros (3, 3+ and 4) after i updated the cams Firmware. Now my Smart Remote does work with my Hero 6 but not with my Hero 9 ... come on!!

I am really thinking about returning and refunding the Hero9. I dont understand the politics behind this particular design decision on behalfe of gopro! I mean those cams are Action Cams! That means for most of the time using your iPhone to operate the camera isn't an option! 

Or has the person that decided that the remotes are not usable anymore ever tried to remotely control the cam via an iphone whilst on a surfboard or hanging from a parachute or driving a race car?

To remove the option of a HDMI Port (which i personally hated also, because i use my cams also for live video recordings on a Atem Mini switchboard) is one thing (for most users that may really be an option not necessarily needed).At least you can buy additional hardware to regain that option.

But removing the remote control feature .... that almost kills the whole idea of that camera! I tried to reach out for support to discuss the actual line of gopro in this matter, but have not yet gotten a reply. After i have i can inform about the outcome if someone is interested.

Hiker

[ New ]

You can always make your own remote.

Tourist

[ New ]
What?
Tourist

[ New ]
I've contacted GoPro to open up their bluetooth / wifi communication to be able to create a smartwatch application which works as a remote, but no response :(
Tourist

[ New ]

What the.... This is not okay. Make it right, right now. Very disapointing and not getting even a hint before purchase. Other things were very clear but this.... Not okay!

Tourist

[ New ]

Amazing how the out of the box firmware had an option to pair the Smart Remote. I selected it and it told me to update the firmware to pair the Smart Remote. I update the firmware to the latest and all it did was remove the option to pair a Smart Remote. That is RIDICULOUS and totally misleading!!

GoPro 9 is being returned ASAP. Looks like GoPro Hero 8 Black might be my last GoPro purchase ever.