Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

This is perhaps one of the worst customer expereinces I have ever had with a new product launch. 

I don't know if you had issues in development, covid, supply chain issues, but whoever thought launching an action cam, that previously had remote support, with out a funcitoning remote, should be fired.    Telling your customers to use a $1000 smartphone instead of a $60 remote in hazardous conditions is the most short sighted and condescending responses I have ever received from a company.  Try controlling multi cameras w/ a phone with your apps wonderful syncing up issue to each cam.

I have been with GoPro since Hero4, but I am very close to returning my H9 and looking at alternatives to this product line as I can't be certain any future remote is actually coming.  The H8 mods took months and months to launch. IMO, the H9 without a remote is completely useless.  Sorry GoPro, you really messed this prodcut launch up.

I know, my fault for buying as an early adopter, but when I reviewed the manual, and it listed features, including the remote, I purchased, foolishly beleiving the documentation. 

No Labs support, no QR support, no solution for windnoise (so we have to wrap our cams in foam, or deadcats), now you have no remote support, and can't even tell us if the H9 remote will support the old cams, range, multi cam, etc. 

Nomad

[ New ]

The pilot is like highways in Poland. It is not known when they will arise :-)

Hiker

[ New ]
Plus it’s a feature/option that’s been available for quite some time on previous generations of the Product!
Hiker

[ New ]

Exactly.  Like a smart phone company releasing a new product, only to tell you that there is no touch screen support, but we will release that soon in a firmware release sometime in the future.   Until then, you can use your computer keyboard, or voice commands to control your smartphone. 

Hiker

[ New ]
if you don't have a replacement tell people about the limitations of buying a new one at launch.
Hiker

[ New ]
Heres the Brand New 2020 Hero 9. That won’t work if your planning on using a remote.. like. With three mounted on a car , or one on your surfboard or on a tether attached to your powered parachute, etc, etc, OOPS 🙊
Tourist

[ New ]

I would say: Here is the brand new Hero9 that thasnt work with your smart remote, Hero8 Mod and any other previous batteries and charger that you might gather for years and spent lots of $. Of course You can always buy a new - but wait there is no new smart remote - oh dont be a child, use Your smartphone!

And one more thing dear user "We dont give a **bleep** do U like it" 

Hiker

[ New ]
But don’t forget, they did say their working on it! And really it didn’t take long at all for the display mod for the Hero 8 did it?