Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

@irishmanpdx  schrieb:

Glad to see you are not mixing up your tenses at all. 

Sorry, I don't understand this answer - what should I confuse with what?

Among other things, it was reported that the new remote control should be available in North America from December 17, 2020 on the part of GoPro, but this is not the case ... So I ask whether the remote control is available at least in the USA from the mentioned release date - simply because I am interested in whether I will be able to count on it in Europe from February 2021 ... If the remote control is still not available for sale anywhere, I will not expect it in Europe on the forecast date ;)

But since you already have the remote control, it is basically available and I'm in good spirits!

@irishmanpdx  schrieb:

I cannot say if it runs on your "current" firmware as I currently don't know what firmware you are running.  However if it is the latest firmware on both camera's, then the remote works just fine..

When I write of "current" firmware, the firmware currently available for Hero 8 (FW 2.5) and Hero9 (FW 1.5) is of course meant! There are also reports here that deny the functionality in this regard (at least that's how I interpret it).

Thanks for the explanation, then there shouldn't be any problems.

However, I can understand the frustration that the earlier GoPro models do not fit together with the Hero9!
Also the annoyance that the Hero9 (like the Hero8) is a "banana product" (which matures at the customer's), as is unfortunately common. If you buy it too early, you have to wait at least 2 updates until the thing works as described, if you only buy it when all the updates have made a mature product and all accessories are also available, a new model will be available in 2 months...

Hiker

[ New ]

Could the new remote support hero 7 black? I have a hero 9 and hero 7 . The old smart remote support hero 7 but not 9 ,the new remote support 9 but not 7 . So I will use two remote ? Is there  a plan to new remote to support hero 7 ? Hero 7 hardware is very similar as hero 8 ,with bluetooth and wifi, I hope the new remote can support hero 7.

Hiker

[ New ]

i too have a 7 and 9.... refuse to use 2 remotes - so the 7 is the work horse with the smart remote. make the 7 work with "the" remote and i'll buy one

The hero 7,8 and 9 are all currently sold so it would make sense to have "the remote" - stupid name BTW . the word "the" should not be used as a model indicator over something thats "wifi" or "smart" - Gopro's marketing people should read the dictionary and find its acutal purpose - i'll help you here https://www.dictionary.com/browse/the?s=t 

Hiker

[ New ]
cela est regrètable que le logiciel hero9 1,5 n'a pu être adapté pour accepter la commende remote ancienne génération un petit effort des développeurs seraient très apprécié
Tourist

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

This is incredible a problem for me.

So I have to send back Hero9 bought three days ago and get Hero8,

ot the remote becomes compatible? 

This is very incredible to me

Tourist

[ New ]

I am going to do action video from windsurf I extremely need the remote control

Tourist

[ New ]
I will do the same friday if tomorrow I don't have the timing for new remote command
Tourist

[ New ]

Can we please get a response as to when 'The Remote' for the the Hero 9 will be avaiable in the UK, I'm losing the will to live here.....