Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

Ah, good luck with that!  Probably more like July maybe, if you're lucky?  Smiley Mad

According to their press release it's been available in "North America" since December 17th.  Bull crap!  You can NOT order it anywhere outside the US.  Not in Canada, not in Mexico, which are both part of North America, in case they didn't know!!!

I've been reporting this problem since Dec. 17th on the support chat, on their Facebook page and on this forum and I can't get ANY reply from anybody at GoPro why it's not available on the Canadian web site.  If I use the US web site I can NOT have it shipped to Canada, which is spectacularly stupid since you always have to pay in US dollars even when ordering on the Canadian web site and they always ship your order from the US anyway (they probably don't have GoPro warehouses in Canada).

Hiker

[ New ]
To Continue on the Lack of Communications , When I purchase My New Remote for the Hero 9 I ended up paying Full price for it even though I'm a Subscriber and should have only paid $55 so I contacted the Online Chat/Support they argued with me right up till I sent them a Link to The page showing the Sale price for Subscribers, He then said he would have to contact the development team and get back to me ... End of chat , No Case number to refer to Nothing ... so I waited several More days and sent in a Complaint form again a week later Nothing , then out of the Blue I get an email from Paypal saying they had received a $24 refund from Gopro .. COOL! well finally two days later I recieve an email from the Original Customer support guy telling me They found the Mistake and were going to refund the Overcharge.. Yeah Communications isnt thier strong suit.
Sightseer

[ New ]

i think for all the users that bought a new go pro 9 before they realised the remote doesnt work should either get a refund on the 9 or a refund on the remote. this is absouluty horrible to go out and buy the 9 and cant use it remotely. and dont even mention the go pro app that software is a joke at best. paired the 9 and then went to recorto be told it cant find my device not happy at all

Hiker

[ New ]

bonjour   effectivement deux questions m'interpellent, les développeurs gopro n'ont pas pris en compte la compatibilité de l'ancien remote

et la compatibilité avec quik, pas sérieux de devoir s'abonner à icloud pour faciliter le transfert des fichiers c'est de l'abus commercial

j'avais jusqu'alors une bonne opinion de la marque à revoir !!!!!!!

Nomad

[ New ]

With all the postings here, three questions remain unanswered for me:
On the part of GoPro, the NEW remote control - which was created especially because of the Hero 9 - should be available at least in the USA since December 17, 2020 - is that so, or not?
Does the NEW remote control work with the Hero 8 and Hero 9 if the cameras have loaded the current firmware update?
With the remote control all connected cameras can now be controlled * AT THE SAME TIME * - if you want to control the cameras individually, do you have to use the APP?

Hiker

[ New ]

I'd only consider buying and testing this remote if they made it work with the 7 which they sell on their site to this day.....:S  they should offer a remote trade-up too

no point using 2 remotes to operate a 7 & 9; they should make it work back a few gens (to where bluetooth is built in ....6 maybe...?).....

if they want any uptake to entice a buggy 9 purchase to anyone saving a few $ today buying a 7 they won't even consider a 9 after the overal investment knowing their bits won't play together

Hence the 7 and smart remote do all the leg work right now in our deployments

Nomad

[ New ]

On the part of GoPro, the NEW remote control - which was created especially because of the Hero 9 - should be available at least in the USA since December 17, 2020 - is that so, or not?

Glad to see you are not mixing up your tenses at all.  The GoPro "The Remote" which was created specifically for the Hero 9 with support for the Hero 8 will/has been available to purchase this coming past December.........   I currently have one in my possession.  

Does the NEW remote control work with the Hero 8 and Hero 9 if the cameras have loaded the current firmware update?

The NEW remote (known as "The Remote") works with both the GoPro Hero 8 and Hero 9 on the latest firmware.  I cannot say if it runs on your "current" firmware as I currently don't know what firmware you are running.  However if it is the latest firmware on both camera's, then the remote works just fine..

With the remote control all connected cameras can now be controlled * AT THE SAME TIME * -

Yes, upon starting the remote and detecting the camera's you have an option between controlling camera's individually or "multicam" mode which will support up to 5 camera's at once.

if you want to control the cameras individually, do you have to use the APP?

You have the option to select individual camera's when the remote starts up. 

Tourist

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

You have the worst cross product compatibility. Your product lifecycle is completely **bleep**ed. Batteries, cases, etc, all **bleep**ing lame. Get a physical footprint for the camera that can sustain for at least three generations. Software atrocious so don't lose focus on product development as that is your only business savior.