Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]
Doesn't really help the people also using older cameras. Don't think I'm buying a new camera and remote and tossing my old camera. Nor am I using two remotes.
Hiker

[ New ]
Well I realize it’s a Reach at this point to have any trust in the company, but we would have to assume that the new smart remote would be backward compatible.... of course if it’s not that just confirms how many of us view GoPro
Tourist

[ New ]
I agree, on all accounts, hard to have trust, and you would naturally think the new remote would be backward compatible. However, the old remote did work on the new cameras, but GoPro released a firmware update to the camera and made the old remote stop working. So, obviously, the firmware could be redone to make the old camera work.

I quote, "GoPro has revealed that it'll soon be releasing a new Smart Remote for its current action camera line-up, along with major firmware updates for the GoPro Hero 9 Black, GoPro Hero 8 Black and GoPro Max."

I initially read this and assumed it would not be backward compatible. I do hope I am incorrect. We should know more I'm seven days, when it releases on December 17.
Hiker

[ New ]
Well let’s keep all our fingers and toes Crossed 😎👍
Tourist

[ New ]

Idem, j'utilise principalement la smart remote et elle n'est pas compatible (!?) ni autre solution dispo.....

L'objectif Max Lens, epuisé chez moi et je ne sais pas du tout quand je pourrai en acheter un, autant j'ai été très satisfait de l'achat

de la Hero 3+, autant je suis très déçu (pour l'instant en tout cas) avec la 9 !

Sightseer

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

hi i have remote first its working  with hero 9  after update not working. i think is if 2.4ghz sofware when you update again it will work 

Tourist

[ New ]

so, how do i return the remote?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Can you make it compatable someday soon?