Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

IT is very bad to hear that existing remote of Hero 7 is not compatible with Hero 9. What a waste of electronic junk. By making remote compatible, you would have saved lots to environment and pocket. I bought remote with Hero 7 and feeling cheated by GoPro.

Hiker

[ New ]

totally agree, heck i'd pay a small fee (even though it should not be the case) to upgrade the remote/camera firmware to make it work with limitations as the camera is peaking doing what it does - i.e. limited to Hero 7/8s features

its of absolutely no use if i can't sync my old cameras with my new - the hero 9 had spent 99.9999% of its life on my desk and reminded me of a really bad purchase desision and resentment to the brand that was a great innovator; and now a pawn of investors that have no idea/interest in what they make -  glad its gone/don't miss it - one step forward and 5 steps back. talked a few mates out of it already.

its only empasised by the fact no one knew this limitation till after purchase and scouring these forums - no review mentioned this in english  - smoke and mirrors

Hiker

[ New ]

bump

Tourist

[ New ]

I can't believe this. No smart remote option in the camera software which means it was purposely removed. It has been there for many many generations of gopros.

My only use case for this camera is with the smart remote.

Since gopro didn't notify of us with this, I hope they do full refunds of equipment and subscriptions till they fix it or tell us they won't support it

Sightseer

[ New ]
+1 to claim about this compatibility. This is not acceptable for long time users that bought several versions. I was wondering if if will buy the 9 version and the answer is NO !
Hiker

[ New ]

so what happens if they don't sell enough H9s? or so many get returned that they can't justify developing a remote?

talking about knee capping a product for no reason when its shown that there is comms between the 2 right now and recommended for extending battery life in the manual

Hiker

[ New ]

same here ..works fine with my Hero 8     ...but Hero 9   ..... HOPELESS  ..... CANT USE

@pankajkumars さんは書きました:

IT is very bad to hear that existing remote of Hero 7 is not compatible with Hero 9. What a waste of electronic junk. By making remote compatible, you would have saved lots to environment and pocket. I bought remote with Hero 7 and feeling cheated by GoPro.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Glad I found this thread before ordering the 9. Useless without a working remote. No order from me this season.