Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

Oliver

I don't think you get the moral of the message, and obviously don't appreciate what the remote brought to the table

If you owned every gopro since the 3 and ALL of them worked with a remote would you not think it still would on the 9...people are disgusted that a "fundamental” decade long feature that’s not even talked about now as it’s a standard that everyone knows what it does. How it was secretly pulled away with no official mention is something worth being pissed off at 

Gopro has a colossal bad brand image they need to fix fast - in end consumers and retailers that made their company what it is today are not happy with the lastest gen and direct marketing approach; their fanboy "influencers" aren't going to win us back with biased tailored information in the future - i'm sure there was a document saying don't mention the following before posting as none of the major issues like scheduled capture, 3.5mm adapters, remote aren't in MOST if any of the reviews i've seen to date..... 

83% of these 1000+ reviews give them 1 star https://au.trustpilot.com/review/gopro.com and alarm bells should be ringing in their ivory tower

Nomad

[ New ]

Oliver

I don't think you get the morals of the topic, and you obviously don’t have an appreciation for what the remote brought to the table not to care (a heap more useful that low light feature which is a iso/shutter setting you can manually do as you found out – and you kept asking – whyyyyyyyy, give me an answer too! – no different to this mate)

If you owned every gopro since the 3 and ALL of them worked with a remote would you not think it still would on the 9... people are disgusted that a "fundamental” decade long feature that’s not even talked about anymore as it’s a standard that everyone knows what it does by now. How it was secretly pulled away with no official mention is something worth being pissed off at 

Gopro has a colossal bad brand image they need to fix fast - end consumers and retailers that made their company what it is today are not happy with the latest gen and direct end customer selling approach with the worst support system bar none I’ve ever encountered; their fan boy "influencers" aren't going to win us back with biased tailored information in the future - I’m sure there was a document saying don't mention the following before posting as none of the major issues like scheduled capture, 3.5mm adapters, remote aren't in MOST if any of the reviews i've seen to date..... 

83% of these 1000+ reviews give them 1 star https://au.trustpilot.com/review/gopro.com and alarm bells should be ringing

Sightseer

[ New ]

Bonjour, 

j'ai actuellement 2 gopro hero 9 je souhaite les piloté en même. comment faire sans la smart remote ? 

I currently have 2 gopro hero 9 I want to drive them at the same time. how to do without the smart remote? 

thanks

Tourist

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

Was planning on purchasing a 9 as I currently have a 5, but with the season about to start and no remote to speak of, I will not. Looking for alternatives now.

Hiker

[ New ]

tHE CUSTOMER HAD THE ITEM IN THE SAME SHOPPING CART AS THE HERO 9 ....SHOULD OF AT LEAST QUESTIONED HIS INTENTIONS... JUST LIKE NOW YOU CANNOT BUY A BATTERY CHARGER ON ITS OWN ...OR WITH A CAMERA ....BIG WARNING COMES UP , AND YOU ARE LOCK OUT OF COMPLETING THE PURCHASE ..... IF GOPROS CAN DO THAT , THEY CAN DO ANYTHING .... AS THEY SHOULD KNOW IF CUSTOMER HAS 2 OR 3 DIFFERENT GOPRO CAMERAS.  BY THEIR ACCOUNT DETAILS.... AFTER ALL AMAZON CAN DO IT SO CAN EBAY .... PLUS BOTH THOSE COMPANIES DO PROVIDE QUICK AFTER SALES SERVICE HELP ETC .....

Nomad

[ New ]

i'm going to throw this in here to - ATT GOPRO  please refer to the underlined bold section

ATT: Gopro please read the following from the Australian competition and consumer commision -  

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/advertising-promotions/false-or-misleading-claims 

Creating a false or misleading impression

Businesses are not allowed to make statements that are incorrect or likely to create a false impression.

This rule applies to their advertising, their product packaging, and any information provided to you by their staff or online shopping services. It also applies to any statements made by businesses in the media or online, such as testimonials on their websites or social media pages.

For example, businesses cannot make false claims about:

• the quality, style, model or history of a product or service
  • whether the goods are new
  • the sponsorship, performance characteristics, accessories, benefits or use of products and services
  • the availability of repair facilities or spare parts
  • the need for the goods or services
  • any exclusions on the goods and services. - you did not mention anything about NO remote, no 3.5mm adapter support, No hero 8 media compatibility, No scheduled capture issues............

It makes no difference whether the business intended to mislead you or not. If the overall impression left by a business’s advertisement, promotion, quotation, statement or other representation creates a misleading impression in your mind—such as to the price, value or the quality of any goods and services—then the behaviour is likely to breach the law.

There is one exception to this rule. Sometimes businesses may use wildly exaggerated or vague claims about a product or service that no one could possibly treat seriously or find misleading. For example, a restaurant claims they have the ‘best steaks on earth’. These types of claims are known as ‘puffery’ and are not considered misleading.

Nomad

[ New ]

click on this link (home page for the hero 9) and scroll to accessories - expand the more button - guess what the remote appears

https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/cameras/hero9-black/CHDHX-901-master.html

i'll leave it there and let you decide - the doozie is it only mentions the hero 3 limitations in the description

Hiker

[ New ]

@eski79 wrote:

click on this link (home page for the hero 9) and scroll to accessories - expand the more button - guess what the remote appears

https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/cameras/hero9-black/CHDHX-901-master.html

i'll leave it there and let you decide - the doozie is it only mentions the hero 3 limitations in the description

Did you select the GoPro Hero9 Filter at the top?

When i tried to  filter by the Hero9, no remotes show?

Wish it did work, but there again, wish the Hero9 worked.