Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]
Also one reason for using the GoPro is the durability in adverse conditions, I’ll take the GoPro places I don’t WANT my phone to be
Nomad

[ New ]

@eski79 an all other:

I'm definitely not "defending" a company - not even GoPro. I don't like everything that works or doesn't work either. Just instead of complaining, I try to solve it for myself!
I am annoyed by your constant complaints about things that have long been well known and can be read many times! If you are dissatisfied with it, give the camera back, buy something else, but don't clutter the forum with it!

It is sad that the support makes it more than difficult and many use this forum out of sheer frustration to vent their anger. You just achieve nothing with it - except that x such posts appear every day and really helpful posts disappear in the shortest possible time. No matter what category I read - 90% garbage!
It takes a lot of time every time to find what you've posted 24 hours before - if it's not general whining and ranting about GoPro ....
But it is even worse that possible solutions are made down by some as if one had told the greatest nonsense! Use such suggestions or let it be, but keep your comments like "I'm not paying extra for ..." or "If I don't use my cell phone, why should I use an action cam" and the like. for you! Do you really expect help or tips in the future? You will wait a long time for this!

But of course, it's always the other's fault ...

To demand that you inform yourself beforehand is certainly not an exaggeration ... By the way, you don't have to register to read here in the forum! That would have saved us all a lot of trouble ... Because then you would have known what to expect.
Perhaps you will learn a lesson from this and will inform you in the future BEFORE buying a product ?!

For me, the forum is done. I see that I rarely get a useful answer and I will not join in the general whining about GoPro, not because I gloss over everything, but because it does not help.

Nomad

[ New ]
So you suggest everyone ignore all the issues?

Where else are they meant to voice concerns ?

To phone support that barely exists ?

Should we all give praise when the occasional go pro worker pops for head in and says, " what memory card are you using? Try an upgrade the firmware via computer..blah blah blah"

I'm all for been positive and I do agree with you to a certain extent, but it does no good burying our head in the sand and pretending these problems don't exist ..
Hiker

[ New ]
Psst isn’t discussing/ Complaining or trying to find or encourage a solution for a Product pretty much the Reason for a Product forum?
Tourist

[ New ]

Where is it in the "fine print" on GoPros marketing material or Tech Specs. When you look at GoPro's Site, it mentions how its compatible with over 30 accessories. Cant see where it mentions what its NOT compatible with.

Tourist

[ New ]

In addition to the removal of the Smart Remote feature, the initial Firmware release did permit connection to the App via a Smart Phone as well as a Smart remote. Howver when you upgrade to the firmware released last week, that Connectivity feature to the Smart Remote was removed. So no matter how much 'Fine Print' one might dig up in a basement, it was a feature that was actively removed last week. Put that in a pipe and smoke it with the 'fine print'.

Tourist

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

I have purchased a Hero 9 and it seems the remote is not compatible. 

Are they going to update the firmware so it will be compatible or is the remote I have usless .

I use the remote on my handlebars to activate the camera 

Tourist

[ New ]

So the remote i have will not ever be compatible with the hero 9