Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

It doesn't matter how conspicuously reading it would be ... Even if the customer were to bump into it, it would not be read! So stop complaining that you haven't read the "fine print".

Highlighted
Hiker

pfffttttttttttt - were saying its not commonly known! and only discovered once bought to discover the shortfall ---- like buying a 4wd and being told its not able to tow something after purchase when every other 4wd can

every youtube review i commented on the publisher said WOW i didn't know that the remote doesn't work - watch this space

there is a thing called a "common courtesy" to advise your end users what to expect

Highlighted
Nomad

Just because no one knew, only means that no one was willing to inform themselves beforehand. The info is there, even if not prominently as desired. The info is posted several times HERE in the forum - since the Hero9 has been in stores! And yet someone gets up every day who didn't know ... You can even read it on Amazon and still the camera is bought and afterwards complained that the remote control doesn't work ... Exactly - it's always the other's fault one does not inform oneself sufficiently.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

you hit the nail on the head.

NO ONE KNEW - this is up to the manufacturer to disclose this information..... and its no where to be found but here and if you bought it at launch there WAS NO INFORMATION ABOUT IT - AND it was in the original firmware

Come on Oliver don't protect a cause that was deployed poorly from the get go

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Do you really think people who want a GoPro say... "let me sign up for a forum on GoPro before I purchase".  Doubt it.    Oliver you sound like a pristine little man defending a company who is pissing off a lot of people. It is a jacked up deal that GoPro pulled off this bogus move.....   you sound like a jagoff 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

GOPRO should think about a gesture for correcting this issue in the form of a remote trade in option (when it arrives).

I believe its the only way they can gain some loyalty and confidence back from their long standing customers over this issue...

Those of you saying we should have looked at the fine print before purchasing, so ridiculous! The fact that you think its ok for GOPRO to hide the info is just as bad as not priniting it.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

I agree. Had I known that the Smart Remote does NOT connect to the Hero 9, I wouldnt have upgraded from my Hero 8. Its all good to have an App on a Mobile Phone, but its not a good idea to take a Mobile Phone into a wet environment where an action camera can go. Entire reason why I purchased the GoPro Hero camera and water resistant Smart remote was so I can take it hiking in the rain. I dont think GoPro have thought the solution through.....Dahhhh.....

Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro's solution for the Smart remote incompatability issue with the Hero 9, is to use the App on your Smart Phone. If I have to take a Smart phone with me, which has a better camera than the Hero 9, then why would I purchase and carry the bloody Hero 9?