Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

I just found out today after ordering the Smart Remote that it is not compatible with the Hero 9.  The product discription only mentions that it is not compatible with the Hero 3.   This is very disipointing.  The product discription should be updated by the Product Marketing Team.   

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

so yeah, still no ETA on a new remote, still lack of support.

So my new Hero9 went back to Gopro today for a FULL refund. Been told that if you return it in the 30-days after receiving it, one should get a full refund of camera & subscription. 

Let's see how long this will take.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

GoPro Team .... why dont you display that message in the sales information on your Website .... GoPro Hero 9 is not supported with this Remote Device .... but will be updating its firmware later ....... I brought one for my GoPro Hero 9 for doing action work or where the GoPro is on tripod and the action is passing it ......But it not find the Camera ..... Now this item is only a expensive paper weight ...and I hav enough of those already....

Highlighted
Hiker

yeah I hope so too ..... but concidering the Support seems to be coming from Mars just like the Cloud service .... we maybe waiting along time....

Highlighted
Hiker

Jesli bedzie tak jak z Max Lens to chyba nie mam szans aby kupić ten pilot. Poprostu nie zdąże z zakupem bo bedzie ich za mało. :-(

Highlighted
Sightseer

At least make it known on the smart remote product page that this is not compatible with the hero 9. Especially if you see the two items in the same cart. I had just purchased them both in one purchase. Would have been nice to have been informed. Should we expect a refund here?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @heroicshor147. The HERO9 Black is not included in the list of cameras that the Smart Remote works with. See https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/smart-remote/ARMTE-002.html for reference. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Mariustanya, its not a clear limitation unless you click on "works with these cameras" - the excitement of buying accessories you don't look further than skin deep. The remote has CLEARLY in the bullet points it mentioning highlights don't work on a Hero 3/3+

this info needs to be clear as day for customers of all mindsets to see. who really reads the fineprint on a $100 purchase

From our point of view the remote has been around since the 3 and 3+ we had; who would have thought the 9 ended that long heritage abruptly with no reviews or official info stating it ......... 

the H9 page should have in BOLD - ARTME-001/002 REMOTE AND HERO8 existing accessories may not work. We're not asking the world just some transparency as to decide for ourselves if this camera is worth upgrading to. i wish i didn't as i liked my 8