Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

All the fastenings - including the quick-release fastener - just have to be made of metal, that would help a lot.
There are now a lot of metal accessories available - just not the "quick release buckles" - they are still made of plastic and provide excellent insulation ...

Highlighted
Tourist

What is the feedback link???  I have tons of suggestions, feature requests, bug reports, etc...

Highlighted
Hiker

FFS - i'm not paying a premium on a premium price of a new camera to fix their design flaws. 

Gopro should send us all a credit for beta testing and solving their issues on accessories. i'm not buying aftermarket bits to fix your shonky conductive cooling design that overheats inside a car.

the deeper this rabbit hole goes i hate the brand even more

Highlighted
Hiker

look below for "feedback"

Highlighted
Tourist

To be fair, no it did not.  It only made you think it did...  When I got my Hero9 Black I did NOT update it right away in order to test the Smart Remote with it, and although it appeared in the Connections menu, it did not work.  All it did was tell you that you needed to upgrade your firmware in order to use it.  Now we all know that the firmware update completely removed the Smart Remote option so it never allowed us to use it.  But it DID lead us to believe it would work.

Highlighted
Tourist

I think they definitely should at least give us a huge discount on the new remote (for owners of the Smart Remote).  Some kind of TradeUp program maybe (assuming the new remote still works with older Hero models, otherwise we have to keep it).

Highlighted
Nomad

Dear people, you now have a choice:
- keep getting angry about it
- return the camera and switch to another brand
- come to terms with it and make the most of it
Maybe a sit-down strike in front of the GoPro main building will help;)

Highlighted
Tourist

This is quite appalling, it's not as if the Smart Remote is cheap.

There is presumably no physical reason why it can't be supported, even if with limited functionality.

This appears to be just another money making scheme by GoPro.

The amount of issues in the Hero 9 is unacceptable, and as other users say, we should not be Beta testing products for GoPro.