Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]
I think you are missing the point/misinformed. We've been told the existing remote will not ever work with the H9. To suggest people go out and buy a third party remote when they have no problems with their existing Go Pro units, is pretty condescending
Nomad

[ New ]

Obviously reading and understanding is not your strength ...
Where did I * suggest * to buy a remote control from a third manufacturer ?! I only gave the previous experiences of others and drew my conclusion from them.
Because even if GoPro sells a remote control that works with the Hero 9 - if it then works just as "well" as the current remote control with the Hero 7 and Hero 8 .... which you can read here too - my conclusion is probably not to be dismissed entirely from the hand.

Hiker

[ New ]

I think we're getting off the track here , the point is not if there are ways to work around having a smart remote .. it's the fact that we no longer have this as an option which many have used ..  and it's even referred to in the manual for the Hero 9..  I've had so many occasions that I could have used it that I won't purchase anything else to support the 9 until a new remote or support for the old remote is available..

Sightseer

Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

vor 2 monaten die hero 8 gekauft, verwundert das 2 monate später die hero 9 rausgekommen ist , ok schock überwunden

und die hero 9 gekauft, heute ist sie angekommen und nun stelle ich fest das meine smart remote nach dem software update nicht mehr zum verbinden geht, da fehlen mir nur einfach die worte, leider kann ich die gopro app nicht auf dem motorrad verwenden und ich benötige hierzu den smart remote und nu liebes gopro team 

Hiker

[ New ]
Exactly Bultaco64 many have been using the smart remote with older versions of the Hero and were just expecting that of course they would be able to use it on the newest Hero 9
Sightseer

[ New ]

und gelöst ist das problem sicherlich nicht einfach so mit der info --> Gelöst! Gehe zu Lösung.

in der beschreibung wird etwas angegeben was so nicht stimmt und die info es wird daran gearbeitet kann man

so nicht stehen lassen --> ETA 2020 oder 2021 oder gleich mit der gopro 10 09.2021Smiley Sad

Hiker

[ New ]
Amen to That
Hiker

[ New ]

Are you f___ing kidding me?!?  First you destroyed any reference of the GoPro Remo from your website and dropped the support for it on the Hero8 Black, now you make the Hero9 Black incompatible with the Smart Remote???

I now have one Remo and 3 Remotes that will soon become useless.  Why didn't you just keep the same support and functionality for the H9B as the H8B?  It would have been great even if you want to introduce a new remote with more advanced capabilities.  Especially since the new remote isn't even available yet and it could take forever to come out.

And a smartphone is NOT a replacement for a remote in any kind of action!  We use our GoPros in situations where we CAN'T bring a smartphone.  We use GoPros because they're waterproof, small and rugged and specifically because they can go places where a smartphone can't.  Why the hell would anybody buy a GoPro if they could just use their smartphone instead?!?

If you want us to buy that new remote, you'd better make it a HELL of a lot better than the current Smart Remote in order to justify it.  Make it so we can change every setting from the remote AND especially put microphones on it in order to use voice commands from afar (the Remo was genius and soooooo much more practical than the Smart Remote for any action where both your hands are busy and you can't mess with a remote!!!)  While you're at it, make it so the camera can record audio from the microphones on the remote.  And obviously make it waterproof.

This is such a huge disappointment and I'm starting to regret getting the Hero9 Black.