Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

Does the new Smart Remote work with the Hero 9 Black? It doesnt list it as a compatable camera on the website but it could not just be updated yet

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

Hello @prohead, @coberschneider. No, the Smart Remote isn't compatible with the HERO9 Black.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GoPro

@prohead, we hear your concerns and we're continuously working on improving the experience of our users. Updates regarding this will be posted on the website when available. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

Hello Everyone!

We have a remote in the works. We do not have an ETA on when it will be available.

No previous remotes work with the HERO9 Black.

You may pair the camera with the GoPro App to control the camera remotely

Thanks!

Ej

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

Betreff: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

Would love to know that as well. With the most recent firmware, there's no option to connect the Hero 9 to the smart remote.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @prohead, @coberschneider. No, the Smart Remote isn't compatible with the HERO9 Black.

Highlighted
Hiker

Y'all gonna make a new one or what?

Seems pointless to do unless you have a replacement planned

Highlighted
GoPro

@prohead, we hear your concerns and we're continuously working on improving the experience of our users. Updates regarding this will be posted on the website when available. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Bummer...  Just purchased a Hero 9 and trying to connect it to my remote.  No option to add the device.  By the way the remote is one of my favorite features. I probably would not have purchased the 9 if I had known this ahead of the purchase. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Does Smart Remote work with Hero 9 Black

That's kind of a though one to hear. I didn't expect this and it wasn't mentioned anywhere. Now I'm stuck with an obsolete remote that's not compatible anymore. :(
Highlighted
Hiker

That is very disappointing.  especially since I just bought a remote to use with my H8 and H9 cameras.