Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Does Hero 3 support Live Preview at any resolution and framerate

Does Hero 3 support Live Preview at any resolution and framerate? I cannot get Live Preview on my iPhone 5s or iPad while recording. It just says "recording" 

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Does Hero 3 support Live Preview at any resolution and framerate

From GoPro FAQ's:

On one page, under the header "HERO2, HERO3, & HERO3+" it says, "Live Preview should be supported in most video resolutions. However, as the GoPro App continues to be updated and evolve, some resolutions may no longer support Live Preview."

I do know that if you have Protune ON, it will not work in any resolution frame rate.

Also, the app my have been updated to a point where Live Preview is no longer available. On a separate FAQ it states, "All Wi-Fi enabled cameras following the HERO3 should be able to achieve playback in the GoPro app." Considering that it says, "FOLLOWING THE HERO3", it may be a feature that is no longer possible.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Does Hero 3 support Live Preview at any resolution and framerate

danieir15 thanks for your response. I have Protune turned off. I also read those statements on GoPro's website, but since they are both rather vague, I was asking whether anyone knows for sure about the HERO 3 and Live Preview. Such as someone who has made it work, or someone from GoPro that knows that the function is no longer available. I did see one video where it did work, but that was from 6 years ago, so maybe this fuction has been removed during later updates. It is a real let down if it doesn't work, because it would be nice to check that the subject of the video is in the correct position while videoing.