Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Does GoPro work in premiere elements 2019?

I'm sure it's just me!

Using GoPro7 and Adobe Premiere Elements 2019 for the first time. I just assumed by slotting in the SD card from the gopro in my laptop and uploading the media through Elements Organizer all would be well just like I did for the DJI Mavic Air footage.

I can see that something has loaded with no thumbnail. However, clicking on any of the videos, a box appears which says "preparing video for playback" it then switches to the screen where you would expect to view videos. Clicking play displays a message in various languages saying Media Pending.

Do you know if I should have done something first or if there is a known compatibility issue?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and i just hope someone may have some great suggestions.

All the best,

Nick.  

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Does GoPro work in premiere elements 2019?

Are your videos recorded in HEVC or h.264? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi there,

The gopro looks set to H.264+HEVC  This must have been the factory set.  Looking at the properties of any video save on the hard drive, each has an average storage space of 500 to 800MB all saved as mp4.

So frustrating not knowing what to do..

Highlighted
Explorer

What resolution/frame rate are the videos recorded in?